velospace is about bikes and the people who ride them marketplace photos random forums

i don't see how to tighten the spokes on them or how to insert air into them. there's got to be a way and i'm just curious to see how it's done.
    • CommentAuthorM0THER
    • CommentTimeJan 10th 2010 edited

http://www.hedcycling.com/faq.asp

Miraculous powers of Google.
    That FAQ doesn't explain that you put air in through a Presta valve.

I'm glad we've been able to use Google for you.
    • CommentAuthorM0THER
    • CommentTimeJan 11th 2010

How could I forget the Presta valve?!

Posted By: lickedwickedi don't see how to tighten the spokes on them or how to insert air into them.

Oh oh oh! My bad, are you asking how to put air into the spokes? It depends of the type of spokes you have, some rims require the use of rubber hollowed out spokes that need some air. All you have to do is hammer off your rim so you can get to the spoke ends and theeeen you blow into each spoke. Easy peasy.
    i thought that you hade too fold thee wheel in half to put ain in them. and the spokes cam with catrbon monoxide already put in them
    I run helium in my spokes (makes the wheel lighter)
    i run carbon monoxide for duribility and ride quality. but thats just me.
    • CommentAuthorveggie

I have helium in my frame. Beat that! it makes such a big(small) difference!
    well so. i have 5 cans of whip its in my down tube. i like to use them on my group rides. yay for hallucinations on my bike rides.

sorry for the bad spelling.
    • CommentAuthorveggie

Posted By: carbon fiber15I like to use them on my group rides.

I would hate to be drafting you on that ride.
    i brake on my rides frequently to avoid the numerous bigfoots i see.
    • CommentAuthorveggie

Posted By: carbon fiber15i brake on my rides frequently to avoid the numerous bigfoots i see.

The Sasquatch from Tenacious D:POD just popped into my head.
    ha im talking to that one as we speak. he says hi
    • CommentAuthorveggie

Sweet Jebus
    i have to come clean.... im sober. but the whip are lighter than air i think, making my bike lighter by like .0001 grams if they were in my bike.
    Why stop at the wheels. I pump helium into my frame. Some times it is a pain though, like when you are trying to accelerate, and you don't get enough traction because the bike is trying to float up into the air.... but whatever. Worth it.
    • CommentAuthorwes m.
    • CommentTimeJan 11th 2010 edited

Whatever guys, the inside of my frame is a vacuum. Thats even lighter than a hydrogen filled frame. The bigger my tubing diameter the less it weighs. Wrap your mind around that!
    HA! don't dent it. It might implode.
    • CommentAuthorM0THER

I don't know what you guys are talking about but it's all about the cloud bike maaan....it's like..clouds and you're like...floatin' mannn...weighs like nothing!

I guess the only flaw of it would be the dampness. Goddamn rust.
    You guys have it all wrong. I outfitted my frame with a black hole inside it. It may not climb to well, but the extra few zillion tons really makes that baby descend. Plus it's great fr time trials since time and space get sucked in it. Take that Cancellara

\

velospace | about, FAQ & policies | contact | blog | status | site map
© 2005-2011 velospace. All Rights Reserved.