velospace is about bikes and the people who ride them marketplace photos random forums

• CommentAuthorESR
    • CommentTimeJan 3rd 2010

So Ive been riding an arione for months Now. I've always loved it, but recently it's made my ass very sore. I don't know why, but it hurts very bad. I only ride on the streets, so I was wondering how they compare. I have a chance to get a turbo, and it seems to have more ass coverage than the arione which is what I think I need. Anyone have any experiance with both? I've never tried a turbo.

Also is the turbo anything near a regal? Cause if it is, I really hated the regal when I had it.
    See here I have a Regal and I love it
    you will have to try it out yourself because we all dont have the same ass
    Did you get new shoes with a different thickness of sole?
    i love my turbo, im pretty sure its wider than a regal, anyway its not the same. your saddle might just be worn out. it happens over time. i $$ are an issue try a charge bucket, i have one on my beater, pretty much the same thing as a turbo but only costs $25
    • CommentAuthorMacMark
    • CommentTimeJan 4th 2010

i've ridden both, and find the turbo more comfortable. the airone is really long, and with steep geometry or in the drops it can be a pain in the mysterious area between your balls and ass.
    i think the turbo would be more comfortable with most people, but ....

Posted By: bensonisajewwe all dont have the same ass
    • CommentAuthorYo
    • CommentTimeJan 4th 2010

I like Concors better than Turbos; my Turbo causes me pain sometimes, but I've made some adjustments that seems to have resolved the problem. Still, my Concor feels best.
    Try looking into saddles made by specialized. A lot of people really like those.
    My current saddles from most to least comfortable:
    Brooks B17 copper (broken in), WTB Speed V chromo, Brooks B17 steel (new), WTB Shadow V ti, Selle San Marco Regal ti. I haven't ridden a Turbo, Concor, or Arione enough to form an opinion. I will say that I think it's silly that fixed riders so often choose the same three or four models and ignore the plethora of other, better, less expensive options out there.
    Posted By: proudxvxyouthTry looking into saddles made by specialized. A lot of people really like those.

The Toupe is great, but in jeans my max is like 15-20 miles before my ass is dead. Whith a Chamois it's awesome because it's so wide and flat. The also do a saddle called the Avatar that comes on the Roubaix, and it's a great shape with more padding.
    I tried the Turbo for a couple months and it killed my ass, horribly. I changed over to a Fizik Arione and rode that for over a year or so. I think it's a great seat, but not perfect. It was not COMPLETELY comfortable, and the nose was abit too long for my liking, especially when riding drops...the nose just put pressure in a unpleasant place and I could not ride further out on the nose anymore because it was so narrow.

I just changed over to the new Fizik Ares seat, and totally love it. It's alot shorter than the Arione, with a wider and more padded nose. It's made for time trialists, so being in that more aero position is what it's designed for. I've done some long rides with it recently and like it ALOT more than the Arione. Check it out online, because I think it's a great new seat for track riders, even though it's not marketed towards them.
    Posted By: RideEveryday
    Posted By: proudxvxyouthTry looking into saddles made by specialized. A lot of people really like those.

The Toupe is great, but in jeans my max is like 15-20 miles before my ass is dead. Whith a Chamois it's awesome because it's so wide and flat. The also do a saddle called the Avatar that comes on the Roubaix, and it's a great shape with more padding.

I always ride with cycling shorts beneath my jeans so it helps a lot. I just borrowed my friend's toupe for a couple of weeks. The first couple of rides were fairly uncomfortable but after that it was great. I just switched back to my specialized road comp last night and I like it, too. I'm considering getting a toupe though. My comp is starting to fall apart because the only place to lock up my bike at work where it won't get hit by third graders with tony hawk bmx bikes is against a brick wall and sometimes my bike will roll forward while I'm locking it and the saddle rubs against the wall.
    • CommentAuthorWOLF OUT
    • CommentTimeJan 5th 2010

my new regal. can't wait to test this baby
    • CommentAuthorcriznell
    • CommentTimeJan 5th 2010

I did not read the thread but Arione 4 life. Fizik included matching bartape (nice bartape) with the seat purchase about a month ago.
    I tried an arione once. I got about two miles before I turned around to return the demo to the shop. I stood almost the entire way back.

Moral of the story:
    Test ride any saddle before you buy it. Regardless of public opinion.
    Totally. It's your ass, not the Internet's.
    • CommentAuthorChipp
    • CommentTimeJan 10th 2010

you're fucking garbage ESR
    Posted By: Chippyou're fucking garbage ESR

What the fuck? That's out of line, man.
    He asked about a saddle. He said nothing to justify an attack like that.
    • CommentAuthorLumpyGnome
    • CommentTimeJan 14th 2010

just got a bangin turbo perforatted leather saddle. i love it, i don't know how it differs from non-leather/non-perforatted but its a sweet ass seat. there really comfortable and have a lot more grip (in my opinion) than a regal.
    • CommentAuthorBlackout
    • CommentTimeJan 15th 2010

Word on the street is that the perforated turbos tear up jeans.
    • CommentAuthorNash
    • CommentTimeJan 15th 2010 edited

I just got a airone and have been wondering the same thing. I dont have enough miles on it to make a fair judgment. Initial impression is that it is not going too be to friendly to the taint in the drops

\

velospace | about, FAQ & policies | contact | blog | status | site map
© 2005-2011 velospace. All Rights Reserved.