velospace is about bikes and the people who ride them marketplace photos random forums

What the hell is going on? It shows someone else's Basso as my main image?
    • CommentAuthorM0THER
    • CommentTimeDec 30th 2009

you just have to change the title of your picture. did you name your picture basso.jpg? the other person might have too so it's showing up as your bike. try using a strange or different title so it doesn't happen
    ... and to do that, you have to re-upload it with the new name.
    I am trying to upload a new bike but, without loading any photos yet, I hit submit and
    I am told that "The uploaded image is too large; the maximum file size is 300 kB."

Huh?
    • CommentAuthorgreg
    • CommentTimeDec 31st 2009

Gotta have photos
    I uploaded everything with Firefox and it didn't work so I tried IE and it worked. Dunno why...
    Posted By: gregGotta have photos

New policy? This is good.
    I think so too.
    • CommentAuthorM0THER
    • CommentTimeDec 31st 2009

Posted By: jet sanchEzI am trying to upload a new bike but, without loading any photos yet, I hit submit and
    I am told that "The uploaded image is too large; the maximum file size is 300 kB."

Huh?

Try try again?

Oh, nvm, it's a new policy that requires you to have a photo. Just be sure to upload a picture with your bike information. No biggie.
    • CommentAuthorWOLF OUT
    • CommentTimeJan 5th 2010

Heres the solution:

In the velospace image database, there is already an image with the same name as your image. You must rename it with a unique name. For example instead of "fixie.jpg" name it "mothersfixie01.jpg"

If you upload an image with the same name as another image in the velospace database then it will show the other one that was first uploaded.

The 300kb problem can easily be fixed. This simply means your image is too big of a file, maybe because the image is not a jpeg or it is a HUGE picture. You can fix this by resizing the picture. If you're using windows then right click on image and click "open with" then "paint". Then you will be able to edit your picture. Go to the "image" button in the navigation bar of paint then go to resize / skew and type in 50 in horizontal and vertical boxes. Repeat if the file is still to big.

\

velospace | about, FAQ & policies | contact | blog | status | site map
© 2005-2011 velospace. All Rights Reserved.