velospace is about bikes and the people who ride them marketplace photos random forums

"Our wheels are rugged and that means less time truing spokes and more time riding the streets, doing tricks or taking a well-earned PBR break."

i'll be honnest now I used to think they were cool and useful. i'll be embarassed to ride them if I had one. i liked them because i could hear the wind blow through them when reaching top speeds. now i'll be hipster if i dont' ride at top speeds because they're definetly not aero enough in urban environments to combat their weight. they're a small company so i wanted to give them my support but they're not comming out with newer innovation. it seems like they're just relying on the aerospoke to push them through. that don't seem like a good plan for long term.
    You care too much.
    • CommentAuthorYo
    • CommentTimeDec 28th 2009

No shit, aerospoke's been in the business for 20 years dude.
    • CommentAuthorjesmerl
    • CommentTimeDec 28th 2009

i was in Michigan visiting family for Christmas and stopped into the factory. just a little shop tucked away in the back of an industrial park. they gave me a tour i talked to all the workers, very nice people. It was cool to see how they are made, by hand by working men and women. the only parts that are not made in house are the rims (velocity) and bearings. I will probably buy from them in the future. call me a hipster if you want but i think they are cool and would like to support hard working Americans.

They are a big manufacturer of sulkies for horse racing. the bike wheels are a bit of a side business i believe.

just my .02
    • CommentAuthorwes m.
    • CommentTimeDec 28th 2009 edited

If you read the "fixie" section of their website it seems pretty clear that they are making fun of fixed riders with aerospokes. Either that or they are f'ing clueless.
    I'm pretty sure they know their reputation with fixed gear hipsters given their sales numbers and their interview with BSNYC.
    • CommentAuthordanzap209
    • CommentTimeDec 29th 2009

aeroweight... aeroanchors... aeroshit :)
    Thanks for basically regurgitating what everyone else basically says on the site, Licked.
    • CommentAuthorYo

People can dog aerospoke all they want, but in terms of function and what it's built for, it's a solid wheel.

All the people complaining about the weight need to htfu and get stronger.
    • CommentAuthorwes m.

Yeah, I'll be sure to pass your message on to ever pro racer ever. Everyone who doesnt want a heavy wheel is such a pussy. Hipsters are the real men and we all know it!
    This thread is going about as well as expected. Well done, everyone!
    • CommentAuthorYo

I'm not a hipster, just someone who appreciates good design. Try to separate whatever hipster-inspired mentality you may have ab the wheel and look at it from an engineering standpoint. I said nothing ab racing w one, I said it's a tough wheel that will last for a long time if you're not a pussy who's complaining ab how heavy it is all day.
    Wonderful! Wonderful!
    • CommentAuthorwes m.

No one is saying anything about you personally Yo. I dont buy the idea that something being heavy and durable is some sort of engineering genius. Heavy and durable is par for the course. An aerospoke is heavy, durable, and unrepairable. How is that better than a heavy and durable spoked wheel?

Its not an issue of being to heavy to ride, its an issue of being to unnecessarily heavy.
    It's just a wheel.
    • CommentAuthordanzap209

If it was carbon fiber it would be a great wheel !!! Plastic carbonite 5 spoke piece of $#!T !!!
    Its a great wheel, if it was $70
    They're made of carbon fiber. The "plastic" is the resin that holds the fibers together. Without it, it's just cloth. "Carbonite" only exists in Star Wars or, as Wikipedia tells me, as a pre-dynamite mining explosive. I don't think I'd want wheels made of that, either, but fortunately, they're not.
    Posted By: terrible_one49Thanks for basically regurgitating what everyone else basically says on the site, Licked.
    because i changed my mind. i know i'll not be reaching my max speeds most of the time anyways. i didn't really think about that since i'm in city not long empty paths
    • CommentAuthorYo

I have a brand new raw aerospoke track front I'd like to give you.

\

velospace | about, FAQ & policies | contact | blog | status | site map
© 2005-2011 velospace. All Rights Reserved.