velospace is about bikes and the people who ride them marketplace photos random forums

• CommentAuthorfixedpuch
    • CommentTimeJun 21st 2009

Posted By: proudxvxyouth
    My only complaint is that the matte white finish becomes impossibly dirty and it very difficult to clean.

BIKE LUST...its the shit
    • CommentAuthoreaglerock
    • CommentTimeJun 22nd 2009 edited

Posted By: proudxvxyouthMy only complaint is that the matte white finish becomes impossibly dirty and it very difficult to clean.

Try wiping the scuzz with Simple Green. Try it in a diluted solution first - maybe 1 part Simple Green to 3 parts water; then increase the concentration until it actually works.

Simple Green is my all-purpose bike cleaner. My normal routine with scrounged parts is to soak it down in an SG solution for a day or so, then scrub it with a toothbrush, rinse, dry, inspect, lubricate. Makes stuff clean and pretty. And as I found out last night when I removed some Mafac centerpull brake parts from the bath, it takes that dull gray haze off old non-anodized aluminum, too.
    • CommentAuthorAaron C
    • CommentTimeJun 22nd 2009

Posted By: eaglerock
    Posted By: proudxvxyouthMy only complaint is that the matte white finish becomes impossibly dirty and it very difficult to clean.

Try wiping the scuzz withSimple Green. Try it in a diluted solution first - maybe 1 part Simple Green to 3 parts water; then increase the concentration until it actually works.

Simple Green is my all-purpose bike cleaner. My normal routine with scrounged parts is to soak it down in an SG solution for a day or so, then scrub it with a toothbrush, rinse, dry, inspect, lubricate. Makes stuff clean and pretty. And as I found out last night when I removed some Mafac centerpull brake parts from the bath, it takes that dull gray haze off old non-anodized aluminum, too.

i'm right with you there, simple green is always at hand for me.
    • CommentAuthorMaxThrash

Posted By: SkidMarkThe think the quill wins on height adjustment: one bolt, no disassembly. But once you settle on a height when to do adjust it again?

Of course this is moot if you go with the tarck-obligatory jaguar/sloping threadless stem
    • CommentAuthorMaxThrash

Oh, and I'm also curious about the Kisena, but I've never ridden Aluminum. Any reviews?
    Posted By: MaxThrashOh, and I'm also curious about the Kisena, but I've never ridden Aluminum. Any reviews?

I know Andrew LaCorte (2008 masters national sprint champ) likes his, but on paper, it doesn't really seem too much different than any other higher end aluminum track frame from the likes of Blue TR250/Dolan ARC 3/Van Dessel Drag Strip Courage/Giant Omnium/New Fuji/Felt/Trek/Cervelo blah blah blah blah, you get the idea. They pretty much designed it around his requirements.

I can't see it really performing any better/worse than the aforementioned frames if you have a good fitment done, and some nice wheels (disc or deep section). I mean at this point, unless you're going carbon fiber for a Look/Koga/Corima/BT, and are gunning for the worlds/olympics, you'll be fast on any of those frames.
    • CommentAuthorthe rabbi
    • CommentTimeJun 23rd 2009

i have a friend that tested one... he said the bb flexed like a mother.
    then his gf rode it... and said the same thing.

he's a cat1 on the track and she's cat2.
    Any bike would flex under the power of a Cat 1/2 track racer.
    • CommentAuthoreBAUMANN
    • CommentTimeAug 30th 2009

i have a threadless forked lo pro, how did you get yours to be of the threaded variety? i want to thread mine so bad...
    • CommentAuthorjordanye
    • CommentTimeSep 9th 2009

you can take it to a bike shop and they can thread it for you
    Posted By: TbirdbassistAny bike would flex under the power of a Cat 1/2 track racer.

...that is completely untrue...

thats why frames with BB shells like this exist for match sprinting, so they do not flex.

http://www.benkersten.com/gallery/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=360&g2_serialNumber=4
    • CommentAuthordonedeal
    • CommentTimeApr 28th 2011

sorry to beat this question to death..... Currently riding a RYD masher size 54. Want to get a lo pro size ? 5 '10 with a 31 inseam. current sizes are 52 which is the small or 54 which is the med. talked to affinity and they said the best way of course is to get on one. Thing is no one I know has one in seattle and currently no distributors either. I have heard the 54 fits a little big, also heard it fits a little small. any help?

thanks.
    Get the Medium

\

velospace | about, FAQ & policies | contact | blog | status | site map
© 2005-2011 velospace. All Rights Reserved.