velospace is about bikes and the people who ride them marketplace photos random forums

• CommentAuthoravail86
    • CommentTimeJan 18th 2010

Ok since you put it that way I total get it haha. Thanks for clearing that up for me, cause I would much rather talk about how rad bikes are on here and not so much the ill justification of rape of the land I was raised in.
    Flatwound, awesome. I use those strings, too. They're super mellow.
    • CommentAuthorstevo564
    • CommentTimeJan 24th 2010 edited

Hi all. My name's Steve. Thanks to everybody who maintains and posts on this site, it often make's my work day more interesting. I admit to being a lurker on here. Just posted up some pic's of a new build though, an Alien track which started as an idea whilst I was layed up with a broken ankle about 8 months ago, put up a pic of the x-ray too! Speaking of music, my main interests are telecasters, fuzz pedals and vintage organs...oh and I'm in Melbourne-Australia - say hi if you see me out and about!!
    hello, im Perseus and i must say i am still a beginner when it comes to bikes. Among my friends, i know more than they, but that tends to be common in most areas with others. Anyways, i bought my first bike at a thrift store ( bike currently posted under my name) for 30 bucks. Its a Nishiki Royale. Bought it without ever knowing that theres different framze sizes and now learning more about everything bikes. Just ordered a windsor clockwork from BD so pictures will definitely be up im hoping later this week.
    • CommentAuthorM0THER
    • CommentTimeJan 25th 2010

Hi, my name is Diana and I'm an alcoholic.

Haaa. I'm surprised no one said that already, maybe I'm too immature. Anyway, I ride a Centurion Super Elite that is supa smooth. I'd love to repaint the frame back to it's original loveliness sometime in the future and switch to cloth tape. I'm currently "building" a Soma Rush. I quoted building because the frameset is just sitting in my room collecting dust, I know, sad.

Posted By: stevo564Hi all. My name's Steve. Thanks to everybody who maintains and posts on this site, it often make's my work day more interesting. I admit to being a lurker on here. Just posted up some pic's of a new build though, an Alien track which started as an idea whilst I was layed up with a broken ankle about 8 months ago, put up a pic of the x-ray too! Speaking of music, my main interests are telecasters, fuzz pedals and vintage organs...oh and I'm in Melbourne-Australia - say hi if you see me out and about!!

Half of my family is there. Maybe I wasn't keeping an out for bikes 2 years ago but I rarely saw one on the road back then.
    Posted By: M0THERI'm currently "building" a Soma Rush. I quoted building because the frameset is just sitting in my room collecting dust, I know, sad.

Wow, we're like sad Rush siblings. Although it looks like I may actually finish mine in the next couple of weeks.

"Hi, my name is * and I'm an alcoholic" hasn't been funny for a while. Didn't you get the memo? Wait, shit, that phrase isn't funny either... Where's the beef?
    • CommentAuthorM0THER

Posted By: suicide_doors
    Posted By: M0THERI'm currently "building" a Soma Rush. I quoted building because the frameset is just sitting in my room collecting dust, I know, sad.

Wow, we're like sad Rush siblings. Although it looks like I may actually finish mine in the next couple of weeks.

"Hi, my name is * and I'm an alcoholic" hasn't been funny for a while. Didn't you get the memo? Wait, shit, that phrase isn't funny either... Where's the beef?

I've been checking up on your build updates every now and then. Once I got the frame I just kept looking up Rush's. It's just a matter of time and ebay wins before you finish your baby, good luck though.

Oh geez, I really need to get with it. Now I feel like that kid in class who says "present" and thinks it's hilarious.
    Yeah, I did the same thing when I bought it. I don't see that many of them around, so I feel special. Well, 10% special, anyway.
    • CommentAuthorM0THER

What size is your frame? I'm sort of confused with mine. It's marked at 49cm but with half and inch of space between the top tube and down tube. The rest of the frames I've seen at 49 cm looks as if they don't have any space in between. It's not a big deal, I've just been thinking about it.
    • CommentAuthorM0THER

Oh geez, I was worried I had some freaky frame. Thanks for clearing that up. Would it be strange if I asked you want your inseam is?
    Something like 31 inches. I would fit the 53 better for sure, but there you have it.
    • CommentAuthorM0THER

So it's safe to assume that the 53 would probably be fine for someone with a 30 inch inseam
    Probably not, the 53 has a standover approaching 31". But judging by your posted bike and where your seat is positioned, I think you can get away with it. You know that your cycling inseam is not the same as your pant inseam, right?
    • CommentAuthoreaglerock

Posted By: suicide_doorsWhere's the beef?

Clara Peller - man, that was more than 25 years ago...
    Dammit! I need a new phrase.
    • CommentAuthortypeDvorak
    • CommentTimeJan 25th 2010 edited

i think you can find a hipster cyclist phrasebook at your local retailer. barnes or borders or whatever. i learned that "shit was cash" is a phrase describing the agreeablitity of a certain event, ride, moment, or item. in all truth the book almost sold me on the merits of day-glo plaid/tartan patterns.

anyways; hi, my name is (what?) my name is (who?) my na--
    wait, damn. sup dudes. i'm bryan. i like long walks on short beaches and riding west at sundown.
    Posted By: suicide_doorsDammit! I need a new phrase.

You are a wiiild and caaraaaazy guy!
    Hi to all! Stopped in a local bike store yesterday and was totally underwhelmed by all the carbon-fiber and cheap cast components. Came home and looked adoringly at my '91 Bridgestone MB-4 with it's beautiful Japanese lugged frame and variety of nice cold forged components. Thanks for all the great info/pics here!
    • CommentAuthoreaglerock

Posted By: Joshua A.C. NewmanYou are a wiiild and caaraaaazy guy!

We are the Festrunk brothers; I am Gyorgi, and this is my brother Jortuk. We are from Bratislava Czechoslovakia, and we are come to America to party with fine American foxes!

You're making me feel old again. Czechoslovakia went out of business eighteen years ago...

\

velospace | about, FAQ & policies | contact | blog | status | site map
© 2005-2011 velospace. All Rights Reserved.