velospace is about bikes and the people who ride them marketplace photos random forums

• CommentAuthorcriznell
    • CommentTimeJan 6th 2010

Joshua,
    Being patient, thanks though (its the economy).
    Posted By: suicide_doorsHahahaha. That andthisare the funniest things of 2010 so far.
    That movie looks terrible haha
    • CommentAuthorjesseloren
    • CommentTimeJan 11th 2010

My name is Jess. I love having bikes, building bikes, trading bikes, and checking craigslist/velospace marketplace compulsively. I hate missing out on killer deals.
    Hi, I'm Zeb and I am a cycling newbie from Charlotte, NC. I ride a lotus challenger sports series. I mostly just cycle for fun and fitness, or errands around town but as I become a more confident rider I hope to commute to work and school.
    Hi! I'm relatively new and don't have a bike :( (it got stolen). Moved to Texas and buying an old Centurion Ironman for my second bike ever... gonna convert it to fixed >_> eventually I'd like to get a track frame and go check out the track in Frisco :D
    • CommentAuthorflatwound
    • CommentTimeJan 16th 2010 edited

Hello. Long time listener, first time caller...I finally got around to creating an account, and once my new-born gives me more than a moments rest, I will upload some pics of my bike. I ride an Opus Spark and I ride almost everyday, except when there is snow on the ground. (or ice. ice=bad) Anyhow, here is my bike. (i hope this works. I am trying to post the pic in the thread)
    • CommentAuthorflatwound
    • CommentTimeJan 16th 2010

ok...that didn't work...
    • CommentAuthoreaglerock
    • CommentTimeJan 16th 2010 edited

Posted By: flatwoundok...that didn't work...

I think the trick is to use the URL of the photo itself, in isolation from the page on which it appears. Let's just see:

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2717/4279292632_d07d6c93d7.jpg

Yes, that's it. In order to get the actual image address (which will end in an image extension link .png, .jpg, .gif or something like that), right-click (or control-click, for Mac users without multibutton mice) to get the contextual menu. The menu should have choices like "copy image address" or "open image in new window". If you can just copy the address of the photo, then you can paste that into your forum post. If you have to open up a new window, copy the address of that new window and paste it into the forum post.
    • CommentAuthorveggie

Posted By: eaglerock
    Posted By: flatwoundok...that didn't work...

I think the trick is to use the URL of the photo itself, in isolation from the page on which it appears. Let's just see:

You beat me to it.
    • CommentAuthorflatwound

you guys are grand. Thanks a lot!
    • CommentAuthorpatrickgsf
    • CommentTimeJan 18th 2010

I'm Patrick. I'm a messenger in DC. I mostly come to just read threads by lickedwicked.
    Hey, flatwound, is that like, a wound that is flat, or are you referring to bass strings?
    • CommentAuthorGone

I'm Gone, been a VS member for almost 3 years. I come to Velospace to view vintage collectible bikes posted once in a while and read the idiotic post on the forum. Wished my old VS friends would come back and post their new builds but in vein VS harbor a bunch of cry baby's who bitch about everything and nothing. I hope you all understand why a few older members with really nice bikes remove their post or don't participate anymore, a real shame.
    • CommentAuthorget janked

just got my first single speed yesterday a Cannondale Capo '09. I rode BMX and MTN Bike my whole life but need an upgrade for city Riding.
    Looking forward to slowly upgrading the components on it.
    Want to to Headset, stem, bars, crank, and wheelset.

I got the white with the Purple Chain. Picked up some odyssey Chameleon pedals that turn purple in the sun. and taped the bars. Looking to stick with the tacky Purple components anyone know any sites that have good colored components. BMX companies make tons of sick parts with lots of colors but no road parts. Can i just use a bmx stem on it?

does anyone know where i can get sizing specs for the crank, wheels, chainring bolts, and what kind of headset it is? standard, intergraded or internal?

definitely looking to get as many quality parts i can in purple to accent the tacky scheme.

finally does anyone use chain tensioners for the rear wheel?

thanks for any help, everyones a fixie noob at some point right?
    • CommentAuthorflatwound

Posted By: Joshua A.C. NewmanHey, flatwound, is that like, a wound that is flat, or are you referring to bass strings?

I'm referring to bass strings. They sound fat and round, with a nice touch of thump.
    • CommentAuthoravail86

Posted By: patrickgsfI'm Patrick. I'm a messenger in DC. I mostly come to just read threads by lickedwicked.

That make two of us my friend....

BTW everybody my name is Kyle and I have an '07 Masi cotello aero with pretty much the 7800 DA group set (with the exception of 105 brakes and hub on my Campagnolo Gamma: Strada wheel set) I live in the Southern Appalachians and go to college at Appalachian State University so all I do around here is climb mountains and then bomb the other side on my bike, its alot of fun. Where I live (Boone) is where Lance came and trained before winning his first Tour, oh and the mtn biking around here ain't too shabby either...
    • CommentAuthorBamfs01

Hello, my name is also Ryan. I joined to post my builds and to look at what others are creating and riding. I'm also a long time lover of learning, thanks all :-)
    Posted By: avail86Southern Appalachians

Man, an incredibly beautiful but also incredibly poor area. Mining really does do great things for people, eh?
    • CommentAuthoravail86

Posted By: suicide_doors
    Posted By: avail86Southern Appalachians

Man, an incredibly beautiful but also incredibly poor area. Mining really does do great things for people, eh?

Sorry dude, but that's not cool.

and mining really isn't all that "great" either.

http://www.ilovemountains.org/index.php
    Oh my, apparently my sarcasm didn't translate. Here is a more literal translation:

Man, Appalachia is an incredibly beautiful place, but also incredibly poor. Mining really does totally fuck up the environment, local communities, and the miners themselves, doesn't it?

Better?

\

velospace | about, FAQ & policies | contact | blog | status | site map
© 2005-2011 velospace. All Rights Reserved.