velospace is about bikes and the people who ride them marketplace photos random forums

so after some piece of shit stole my only method of transportation down here last week, i'm forced to look for another bike/set up. i remember reading a few days ago on another thread, someone posted a link to Viking Cycles Norway. I've never heard or even seen anything about them before. Nor is there anyone on velospace with the frame, so I was curious if anyone knows anything about them? Viking Cycles
    • CommentAuthorveggie
    • CommentTimeDec 14th 2009

They say they are taking pre orders for a spring delivery, can you wait that long for your only transportation?
    Looks like the Alien website. Looks like an Alien frame. Ships from Michigan. I would say it is a fancy Alien frame. Says right on the site they dont even exist yet. Hence why knowone has one yet.
    I wonder if they will have rear track ends that aren't muffed up like the aliens.
    If so, I might almost kind of consider one.
    • CommentAuthorwes m.
    • CommentTimeDec 14th 2009

"if you do a who.is lookup on vikingcycles.com, it's Joseph Santaniello, the owner of Alien Bikes."
    -Sab via prolly's website

"The sizing is the same, and owned by the same dude, but Viking is nicer tubing and the Alien frames where made awhile ago when shit was cheaper. I e-mailed him about cause I was curious...."
    -Nolan via prolly's website
    so basically Alien 2.0
    My question about the track ends still stands.
    according to Prolly, their stamped. that's all that's been said about them so far.
    yaow

so... im pretty sure this guy is lying about the viking frames having nicer tubing. website says its "reynolds" tubing but i feel like because the model number isnt specified and due to the fact the frames are still really cheap, that its still generic cromoly.

you're basically paying $100 more for some fancy track ends that arent really all that great looking to begin with. if i were you i would just go alien.
    Posted By: beater_peter_fixyaow

so... im pretty sure this guy is lying about the viking frames having nicer tubing. website says its "reynolds" tubing but i feel like because the model number isnt specified and due to the fact the frames are still really cheap, that its still generic cromoly.

you're basically paying $100 more for some fancy track ends that arent really all that great looking to begin with. if i were you i would just go alien.

Yeah except almost every alien had messed up fork ends that didn't align correctly or something like that
    They were angled upward at the ends, causing the wheel to seat higher than it should. Since the initial Alien thread I've seen one or two which, by some magic, didn't have this issue. But like jaiden said in that thread, the likelihood of getting good ends is like one in ten.

If we're just talking about the increase in value from standard Alien to these, they're worth it if you were planning to chrome anyway. But I don't think I would spend that much on an Alien period.
    I'd like to suggest Niall Gengler of NFG Cycles. The dude welds like no one I've ever seen. No lugs means he can make a perfect fit without having to fit particular angles. He's also the nicest person you'll encounter in cycledom.
    Posted By: Joshua A.C. NewmanI'd like to suggest Niall Gengler ofNFG Cycles. The dude welds like no one I've ever seen. No lugs means he can make a perfect fit without having to fit particular angles. He's also the nicest person you'll encounter in cycledom.
    Those things are nice. Do you have any idea of what something would cost coming from him?
    Nope! Give him a call in the morning, though. Tell him I sent you.
    Posted By: Joshua A.C. NewmanNope! Give him a call in the morning, though. Tell him I sent you.
    Right on. Thanks, man.
    Does he give you free ... I want to say lube jobs, but that's not what he does. Damn, I fucked this up.
    No, it's OK. You can try again.
    Hey Josh, does he give you free blowjobs for every referral?
    SHIT!

Hey Josh, does he give you free frame jobs for every referral?
    Dammit, that sounds benign. Fuck this joke.

\

velospace | about, FAQ & policies | contact | blog | status | site map
© 2005-2011 velospace. All Rights Reserved.