velospace is about bikes and the people who ride them marketplace photos random forums

I'm probably going out to portland sometime mid to late march to do a campus tour of psu. I'll be there for about a week so I'll have a good amount of free time.

Would any of you kids out there be willing to ride?
    • CommentAuthorquidose
    • CommentTimeDec 10th 2009

You're bringing a bike from Denver?
    Indeed. I'm willing to pay for the cost to bring it on the plane. I don't want to be stuck in a hotel room for a week.
    • CommentAuthorquidose

Makes sense. Well, first of all, I hope the airline doesn't lose or damage your bike; secondly, I hope it rains on you all week - that'd be the most authentic tour of the Pacific Northwest possible. (All in fun, my friend.)

Enjoy!
    Haha well thank you.
    After this winter, I really don't think some rain would bother me too much.

I'll do my best to do so.
    • CommentAuthorquidose

Coming from someone who has moved from a snowy state to a rainy state, you are quite correct. Rainpants and fenders are heaven compared to staring outside at ten feet of snow.
    Haha exactly. Rain pants are awesome.
    • CommentAuthorSkidMark
    • CommentTimeDec 10th 2009 edited

Posted By: SkidMarkIt's all about colorways.

Haha not quite what I had in mind for my potential future in portland, but a funny video none the less.
    • CommentAuthorquidose

Haha.
    I know this has little or nothing to do with biking, but while you're there you should check out Food Fight grocery store.
    • CommentAuthorChipp

youre gonna love portland. but fucking hate PSU.
    • CommentAuthorSkidMark

Lock your bike the fuck up on PSU campus.
    • CommentAuthorRuffinit

Why not send your bike ahead of you to one of the guys, that way you don't risk it with the airlines, you can get it pretty quickly and it'll probably be cheaper.
    Posted By: Chippyoure gonna love portland. but fucking hate PSU.
    What's wrong with psu?

Posted By: SkidMarkLock your bike the fuck up on PSU campus.

Thanks, I'll keep that in mind.

Posted By: RuffinitWhy not send your bike ahead of you to one of the guys, that way you don't risk it with the airlines, you can get it pretty quickly and it'll probably be cheaper.

That's a possibility. I think iron jaiden used to live there and he and I are friends in the world outside of velospace so I'll ask him if he knows anyone who would let me do that.
    Posted By: LuvCumsInSpurtsI know this has little or nothing to do with biking, but while you're there you should check out Food Fight grocery store.

Yeah, I've been to their website before. They have some cool stuff. I'll check them out.
    Yeah dude Food Fight is where it's at. Chad and Emiko and Dave are very cool people and run one hell of a shop. There's a bunch of stuff you'll wanna check out but unfortunately you'll be in the wrong part of town (SW is where PSU is) to just poke around on your own. Crossing the bridge and getting into real deal Portland won't work without someone who lives there. Bunch of restaurants you'll want to hit up (Blossoming Lotus, Vita, etc..) and rad record stores and whatnot.

Anyways you should come by the house soon and test out that GTB fit and I'll get you hooked up with some really good people out there if you want.
    Posted By: iron jaidenYeah dude Food Fight is where it's at. Chad and Emiko and Dave are very cool people and run one hell of a shop. There's a bunch of stuff you'll wanna check out but unfortunately you'll be in the wrong part of town (SW is where PSU is) to just poke around on your own. Crossing the bridge and getting into real deal Portland won't work without someone who lives there. Bunch of restaurants you'll want to hit up (Blossoming Lotus, Vita, etc..) and rad record stores and whatnot.

Anyways you should come by the house soon and test out that GTB fit and I'll get you hooked up with some really good people out there if you want.

How big is portland in comparison to denver? Assuming I was with someone who knows what's up, how long would it take to get into a better part of the city?
    Why wouldn't crossing the bridge work on my own?

Sounds good. What day works for you?
    That would be awesome and I would really appreciate it.
    Posted By: proudxvxyouth
    Posted By: iron jaidenYeah dude Food Fight is where it's at. Chad and Emiko and Dave are very cool people and run one hell of a shop. There's a bunch of stuff you'll wanna check out but unfortunately you'll be in the wrong part of town (SW is where PSU is) to just poke around on your own. Crossing the bridge and getting into real deal Portland won't work without someone who lives there. Bunch of restaurants you'll want to hit up (Blossoming Lotus, Vita, etc..) and rad record stores and whatnot.

How big is portland in comparison to denver? Assuming I was with someone who knows what's up, how long would it take to get into a better part of the city?
    Why wouldn't crossing the bridge work on my own?

Sounds good. What day works for you?
    That would be awesome and I would really appreciate it.

Portland is a little smaller population wise but more spread out in terms of useful places to bike to. The reason you wouldn't wanna venture on your own with no guidance is you'd honestly get lost and very bored. It's so easy to overshoot a cool area and just end up riding around a bunch of warehouses. Often in Portland the places that appear to be good hang outs (NW 23rd, SE Hawthorne) are actually pretty lame while the gems (SE Division, NE Alberta, NW Burnside) don't stick out as much.
    Wednesdays are the best days for me as I don't work and usually Milo and Jess are busy doing stuff anyways. Sundays work too though.
    Posted By: iron jaidenwith no guidance ... you'd honestly get lost and very bored. It's so easy to overshoot a cool area and just end up riding around a bunch of warehouses.

That's been my experience with solo Portland, to a T.

\

velospace | about, FAQ & policies | contact | blog | status | site map
© 2005-2011 velospace. All Rights Reserved.