velospace is about bikes and the people who ride them marketplace photos random forums

• CommentAuthorsoulbyte
    • CommentTimeDec 3rd 2009 edited

http://cgi.ebay.com/Triathlon-Time-Trial-Road-Bike-Carbon-Frame-54-TT_W0QQitemZ330382267953QQcmdZViewItemQQptZRoad_Bikes?hash=item4cec515631#ht_1584wt_1167

I was searching ebay when I came across these. It was stated that these are the same frames as the high priced twin without the branding. Has anyone got any experiences with these? I'm considering one so any help would be appreciated. Also, I understand that ebay parts usually come with the stigma that it's basically cheap quality and crap, I would like to hear from anyone who has actually ridden or seen one in person. Basically don't just tell me it's crap because it's off ebay and you've never ridden, inspected one. Sorry for the ramble, it's 2am, I've had a few beers and I'm sleepy. Thanks in advance!

UPDATE: I found this..

http://forums.roadbikereview.com/showthread.php?t=173378

Opinions??? Thanks!
    Personally, I would not ride any cheap, unbranded or factory rejected 2nd's, carbon material. I only trust carbon parts when they are of highest quality. You might be asking for problems with this framset. Maybe it would be perfect, but I would not expect it to last long, being cheap carbon. Given a short time, and it will probably start developing cracks, at the least.
    Posted By: soulbyte, I understand that ebay parts usually come with the stigma that it's basically cheap quality and crap

I've bought most of my parts through Ebay. You can find anything there. Also, I've never heard of anyone stigmatizing parts that were bought there. Ebay doesn't make anything. People sell their stuff there.

The guy in that thread you posted doesn't ever again address the fork/wheel being off and I can't tell from the finished pics if he resolved it. You might want to ask him.
    • CommentAuthorsoulbyte
    • CommentTimeDec 3rd 2009 edited

I understand that ebay doesn't make parts and that people sell their goods on the site. I guess I should say "parts that are low in price you can get off ebay". As far as stigmatizing, I belong to certain other forums related to vehicles I own and terms such as "ebay turbo" "ebay intercooler" ect ect are used often used to call items bought off of ebay "cheaply made".
    Plus it's heavy as hell for a carbon frameset.
    I agree with TO49, unbranded carbon shipping directly from Hong Kong is to be avoided at all costs. You certainly could end up with a nice frame, but chances are, you're buying something which most manufacturers wouldn't put their name on.
    Posted By: soulbyteI understand that ebay doesn't make parts and that people sell their goods on the site. I guess I should say "parts that are low in price you can get off ebay". As far as stigmatizing, I belong to certain other forums related to vehicles I own and terms such as "ebay turbo" "ebay intercooler" ect ect are used often used to call items bought off of ebay "cheaply made".

I think what you really mean to say is "new, unbranded products direct from East Asia which carry no warranty." Plenty of people sell great parts on eBay.

\

When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission, which supports our community.

velospace | About | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | contact | blog | status | site map | ©ActionHub.com
© 2005-2011 velospace. All Rights Reserved.