velospace is about bikes and the people who ride them marketplace photos random forums

• CommentAuthorfixedpuch
    • CommentTimeNov 23rd 2009

So, I put a front brake on my track bike today. I am moving and am about to have a commute with huge hills and with my bad knee and the cold weather just decided it would be smarter to have one.

Just thought I would let all of you guys know that I no longer am hip. (well, I was never really hip)
    You are such a loser
    • CommentAuthorChipp

get fucked
    Is the ftp fork drilled?
    • CommentAuthorfixedpuch

Sold the ftp months ago, rockin a beater fuji track thats beat to hell until I can afford a custom frame.
    Oh alright. How's that treating you?
    Dude, Ian, I demand that you finish building the Bianchi before you build a GTB or anything else. Go. NOW!
    • CommentAuthorquidose

No one gives a shit.
    • CommentAuthorChillzorz

realism > hipism
    Post a bike and stop being so angry.
    • CommentAuthorSkidMark

meh. So much more fun to bomb around town with reckless abandon knowing you can stop on a dime, and skidding just for fun. You can start a new trend doing the next fixie trick brake endos...cuz fixie tricks are BMX tricks from 25 years ago.
    Congrats on the brake!! Wise move indeed.
    Posted By: suicide_doorsDude, Ian, I demand that you finish building the Bianchi before you build a GTB or anything else. Go. NOW!

Haha I'm almost there. I only need a saddle, seat post, and stem. I have ordered the wheels.
    A guy on here may be coming over tomorrow to see if he wants to buy my affinity. If he does, I will have enough money to finish my bianchi as well as buy a new frame.
    But don't worry, even if he doesn't buy it, I have enough money to build the rest of my current ride except for the saddle, which doesn't NEED to be changed.
    • CommentAuthorLyKqiD
    • CommentTimeNov 24th 2009

I just got up to jersey, took one ride around with the savannah set-up (brakeless) and that was enough convincing to put one on. I didnt realize how good I had it in the flat low country.
    Haha I'm almost there. I only need a saddle, seat post, and stem.

Pfsh. Pussy. Ride without.
    Posted By: SkidMarkmeh. So much more fun to bomb around town with reckless abandon knowing you can stop on a dime, and skidding just for fun. You can start a new trend doing the next fixie trick brake endos...cuz fixie tricks are BMX tricks from 25 years ago.

Whatever. You old guys don't know what it's like to ride brakeless. It's so zen, I almost tear up when I'm riding. It's hard to see sometimes, but it's worth it.
    Posted By: Joshua A.C. Newman
    Haha I'm almost there. I only need a saddle, seat post, and stem.

Pfsh. Pussy. Ride without.

I think i need ourys and an aerospoke if i'm going to have a shot at that!
    Where do the Ourys go with no stem?

The cool way to ride is standing, with no bars.
    Posted By: Joshua A.C. NewmanWhere do the Ourys go with no stem?

Well I was thinking I could glue them to my rims. You have to have them somewhere, right?
    • CommentAuthorxhzzyx
    • CommentTimeNov 24th 2009

Posted By: proudxvxyouth
    Posted By: Joshua A.C. NewmanWhere do the Ourys go with no stem?

Well I was thinking I could glue them to my rims. You have to have them somewhere, right?

Nononono.

Break a broom in half, and make an integrated stem/flat bar with ourys.

\

velospace | about, FAQ & policies | contact | blog | status | site map
© 2005-2011 velospace. All Rights Reserved.