velospace is about bikes and the people who ride them marketplace photos random forums

• CommentAuthorOla Yungai
    • CommentTimeDec 19th 2008

i plan on getting a mercier and wondering how much it weighs
    and wether or not you can put 650 wheels on it
    Stock it's like 21ish pounds. You can put 650s on it, but it would handle funny.
    • CommentAuthorwowzah
    • CommentTimeDec 20th 2008

just buy one used from someone who is sick of bar spinning
    • CommentAuthorcranej311
    • CommentTimeJan 28th 2009

the stocks wheels arent very good. i put deep v on them and im happy with how it rides
    • CommentAuthorwowzah
    • CommentTimeJan 29th 2009

Posted By: cranej311the stocks wheels arent very good. i put deep v on them and im happy with how it rides

i didn't realize deep v's made a good wheel :-)
    • CommentAuthorcranej311
    • CommentTimeJan 29th 2009

formula hubs, im sorry
    • CommentAuthorwowzah
    • CommentTimeJan 29th 2009 edited

i figured, i just think it's funny i always hear people saying they need to upgrade their wheels to deep v's

the hubs are what matter

nothing wrong with fashion i guess
    i've been riding the kilo tt wheels hard for 2 years and they're still true. fuckin bullet proof and cheap as hell
    Amen brother. The people that tell themselves that they need Zipp Supercomp 999999Bazillion Racer Extraordinaire hubs laced to Campagnolo Deuce Niner Million Pistanista Carbon Fiber 666 with Depleted uranium spokes make me laugh. My Kilo TT wheel set is the biggest hunk of shit on the planet, weighs about as much as one of those fat babies of Maury Povich, and is still going strong. And I treat them like the one-armed Vietnam vet behind the 7-11. Vaguely straight (I MURDER wheels) and about as smooth as Seal's face, they haven't let me down. And they are basically free. I'm glad someone else on here knows what's up.
    • CommentAuthorwowzah
    • CommentTimeJan 30th 2009 edited

i have had several sets of these wheels

they last a couple years, 3 at most, but they are cheap as hell
    i found at some point they require so much maintenance they start to cost you time and money
    spokes start breaking practically all at once, hub gets slow, etc

they are basically junk.... although, definitely rideable for a beater bike

if you really want to have a smooth bike, hubs and the bottom bracket are where you should put your money
    • CommentAuthorAaron C
    • CommentTimeJan 30th 2009

Posted By: RideEverydayweighs about as much as one of those fat babies of Maury Povich

+1

priceless
    Posted By: wowzahi have had several sets of these wheels

they last a couple years, 3 at most, but they are cheap as hell
    i found at some point they require so much maintenance they start to cost you time and money
    spokes start breaking practically all at once, hub gets slow, etc

they are basically junk.... although, definitely rideable for a beater bike

if you really want to have a smooth bike, hubs and the bottom bracket are where you should put your money

Totally true, they are junk. But they work well if you don't care about how flashy your shit is.
    • CommentAuthorcranej311
    • CommentTimeFeb 4th 2009

yeah i didnt think i would have noticed a huge difference when i got my formula hubs but compared to the stock no name hubs on the mercier its like riding on a cloud (kinda).
    • CommentAuthorruer
    • CommentTimeFeb 4th 2009

Where can I score a cheap set of mercier Kilo stock wheels?
    • CommentAuthorthe rabbi
    • CommentTimeFeb 5th 2009

bikeisland.com
    • CommentAuthorwowzah

i would recommend these wheels for fixed gear conversions

there are some other mass produced wheels on ebay that are better for a little more more money
    • CommentAuthorwowzah

Posted By: RideEverydayTotally true, they are junk. But they work well if you don't care about how flashy your shit is.

there is caring about flashy, and then there is caring about performance

they are definitely slower than better quality wheels and don't last very long
    Formulas to Cheap Alex rims would be much better, yes, and for a similar price.

\

When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission, which supports our community.

velospace | About | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | contact | blog | status | site map | ©ActionHub.com
© 2005-2011 velospace. All Rights Reserved.