velospace is about bikes and the people who ride them marketplace photos random forums

• CommentAuthorMaxThrash
    • CommentTimeNov 10th 2009

Anyone know where to find one? And yes, I checked google.
    • CommentAuthordmdeford
    • CommentTimeNov 11th 2009

Yeah my dad had the same trouble with 700x23 for his old Bianchi... he ended up going on eBay I think.
    I don't know of any. Why do you want 25's specifically? Are you heavy?
    • CommentAuthorthe rabbi

Posted By: suicide_doorsI don't know of any. Why do you want 25's specifically? Are you heavy?
    25s ride oh so much nicer.
    25 rear/23 front 4 lyfe
    I can understand feeling a difference between them if you're heavy, but if not how could that ~2mm be noticeable?
    I think I still have a pair of Continental 25s somewhere which are almost exactly 23mm when pressurized.
    • CommentAuthorwes m.

Tire width is probably the easiest to notice of small equipment changes on a bike, for me at least. The difference between a 23/25/28 is one of the few things I could pick up right away if I was for some reason riding a bike blindfolded.

Its only 2mm but the tire is only 23mm to begin with. Thats about 8.5% different. When you change anything on a bike by 8.5% there is a good chance you will notice it.
    Screw the size. All that matters is the color! And this guy NEEDS it to be Celeste!
    • CommentAuthorMaxThrash

Haha, I know its stupid trying so hard to find the "right" color of tire. Just buy a black one and ride already! But I just bought a vintage black/celeste bianchi frame and my vanity is kicking in.

The reason I want 25s is that I've been told that its easier on the wheels than 23s (is this true?), and I just invested in a wheel upgrade. Also, it seems like they might be slightly more stable, which would be good for winter. I'll probably just end up buying the celeste Vittoria Rubinos.

\

velospace | about, FAQ & policies | contact | blog | status | site map
© 2005-2011 velospace. All Rights Reserved.