velospace is about bikes and the people who ride them marketplace photos random forums

• CommentAuthorJPEDGE
    • CommentTimeOct 29th 2009

I just moved out here from San Fransisco area in California and have no one to ride with :[
    I'm 18.
    Straight Edge.
    Christian.
    Big piercings and tattoo work.

My Whip:
    Frame: Some Target road bike frame I snagged for cheap
    Crankset: Sugino 75 (65mm crank arms)
    Cog: 18t something or other
    Bars: 4" Risers
    Saddle: Stock off 08' Fuji
    Wheels: Black Deep V in back and currently white Deep V in front but I have a 650cc 20 spoke I need to replace the tube in.

I forgot the rest of the stuff, lol. I don't update my bike much, I like how it rides right now and haven't invested much more into it.

EMAIL me if you live in my area and want to ride!!!! I love going on rides and I really love doing some tricks :]
    Email: [email protected]
    • CommentAuthorquidose

Haha. This belongs in the Personals section.
    • CommentAuthorJameson_C

I would be more inclined if you drank.
    Hey JPEDGE, I live in the St. Louis area, I dont really get to the city to much to ride. I dont do tricks either. But here is a group of riders that you might want to get in contact with, they do full moon rides with themes and such, I did one ride with them recently. The group isnt my cup of tea, but it may be your scene to ride with, the group is called FBC(fucking bike club),

http://fuckingbikeclub.blogspot.com/

There are a couple other St. Louis riders on here, not sure how often they come here and look around though.
    • CommentAuthorJPEDGE

Thanks man.
    Sorry, I'm just trying to get used to the forums. And I don't care if others drink, I just choose not to.
    Also there is a local forum in St. Louis, www.stlbiking.com, its not a huge forum, and it has a wide variety of cyclists, not to much fixed gear stuff though, but a couple guys on there ride them. But if you do other riding like road(group rides and such) its a good place to find out where the rides are, also mtb trails and such.
    Ohh and we do have a velodrome here in St. Louis, its called penrose park, its not the best of best, its asphalt track, but none the less its a velodrome, haha.
    • CommentAuthorJPEDGE

Lol, yeah. I just have a fixed. Haven't invested in a road bike yet. But yeah, I'm just trying to find some dudes to ride and chill with.
    Yea thats cool, and welcome to the area, St. Louis is going to be a huge change compared to San Fran, as far as riding goes, and well probably everything else to. Its not as big obviously. I live south of St. Louis, and I am a bit older(25), kinda getting out of fixed riding now, just doing track races, etc. I am not sure on how big the fixed gear scene in downtown really is, I can guess not to big. I would get in touch with that website I gave you about the FBC. Have fun, be safe!!
    • CommentAuthorJPEDGE

Yeah, will do. Thanks for the help.
    • CommentAuthorJameson_C

fixed gear riding in downtown is non existant. south city is where its at.
    Well there you go, shows how much I know about it! haha
    • CommentAuthorcage
    • CommentTimeOct 29th 2009 edited

South city is where all the hipsters are, but it is a cool place to ride.
    • CommentAuthorstinky pete
    • CommentTimeOct 29th 2009 edited

What state is Illinois in?

(sorry, I just couldn't pass that up...)
    • CommentAuthorJameson_C
    • CommentTimeOct 30th 2009

Wait cage, you ride in south city but your not a hipster. dont you know you have to wear tight jeans and listen to avant garde music to even enter? Ok im off to watch a black and white film with subtittles about stuff.
    • CommentAuthorquidose

No one's ever heard of Michigan either, Stinky.
    Posted By: quidoseNo one's ever heard of Michigan either, Stinky.

Yes, so true...
    • CommentAuthorcage

I just grab a can of PBR when the hipster police come looking...
    Posted By: cageI just grab a can of PBR when the hipster police come looking...
    Man if that isnt the truth I dont know what is, but you are forgetting the mustache or beard!!!
    In south St. Louis, STAG > PBR

\

velospace | about, FAQ & policies | contact | blog | status | site map
© 2005-2011 velospace. All Rights Reserved.