velospace is about bikes and the people who ride them marketplace photos random forums

I just picked up a d2 super pista yesterday and I was piecing it together last night.
    When I slid the rear wheel all the way into the rear dropouts, the 23c tire rubs slightly against the seat tube.

Has anyone else had this problem with the frame?

I know it isn't a huge deal because I won't have my wheel that far into the drop out, but it's frustrating anyway.
    • CommentAuthorquidose
    • CommentTimeOct 25th 2009

Bummer about that. From my experience, the rear tire will usually rub against the seat stay bridge, the chainstays near where they meet the seat tube if the tire is not centered correctly, or the bridge between the chainstays if there is one before it'll actually hit the seat tube itself. I guess if it isn't a huge deal because you won't have your wheel that far into the drop out anyway, then you'll just have to learn to accomodate - whether it be an extra link or two or a smaller profile tire, you'll figure it out.
    I was looking at it some more and it only rubs on one spot of my wheel. This wheel is pretty out of true, so I'll see if truing it fixes the problem.
    • CommentAuthorquidose

Ahh, well that's a good place to start. Good luck!
    Thanks a ton.

I'm hopefully going to have the bike totally set up today.
    I hope I like it haha
    post it asap, its goona be sweet man.....such a nice frameset.
    Posted By: Indians44987post it asap, its goona be sweet man.....such a nice frameset.
    Haha thanks! It's up now. I still need to dial in some fit stuff though.
    • CommentAuthorfilthpunx

true that wheel, get smaller tires and slam that bitch.its says pista for a reason...
    • CommentAuthorfilthpunx

by the way, nice job. usually i hate the pista series(besides the older lugged ones) but yours looks good
    • CommentAuthorfixedpuch

That means you have a hop in your wheel....
    What the hell?
    Posted By: filthpunxtrue that wheel, get smaller tires and slam that bitch.its says pista for a reason...

I have it all set up now and it's about as close as I would be able to get it. It might have three mm bewtween the tire and the seat tube. There isn't any way to get it any closer ha
    Thanks, man. I appreciate it.

Posted By: fixedpuchThat means you have a hop in your wheel....

I'm pretty sure I made a note of this earlier in the thread.

\

velospace | about, FAQ & policies | contact | blog | status | site map
© 2005-2011 velospace. All Rights Reserved.