velospace is about bikes and the people who ride them marketplace photos random forums

• CommentAuthorvurpa
    • CommentTimeOct 19th 2009

I´m trying to find the omnium crankset in black but so far, no luck.

suggestions anyone, I found some on ebay for 175$ but there where all in polished silver
    • CommentAuthorMancha150

As far as I know, they dont make the omniums in all black. They come in either all polished silver or silver arms and spider and black chainring. Maybe some of the older models (when they were simply truvativ and not sram) came in all black, but when I was looking to purchase one last month I only came across these styles, and I was looking everywhere. Great crankset by the way
    • CommentAuthorMancha150

That being said I realize that at some point either truvativ or sram came out with a model in all black but it must have been discontinued a while ago. I have an all black black and would have loved that color scheme as well. good luck!
    I believe the black Omiums are still yet to be released. They come stock on the new GIANT Omnium track bike however.
    My understanding is that the black model is exclusive to the Omnium bike. As always, I could be wrong.

A guy has one in the VS marketplace. It's been up for a while, so who knows if he still has it.

Also, to clarify, Truvativ is a SRAM brand and has been since 2004, the Omnium was introduced in 2007. So there is no difference between a Truvativ Omnium and a SRAM Omnium. Well, other than the fact that the latter does not really exist.
    • CommentAuthorquidose

Black Omniums also come stock on the new TK2s.
    Dammit, post a bike!

I think they're OEM exclusive, how about that?
    • CommentAuthorthe rabbi

Posted By: suicide_doorsI think they're OEM exclusive
    this is a fact.
    Ha, I think this is the first time you have openly agreed with me, Rabbi.
    • CommentAuthorthe rabbi

this can't be the first time?
    Man, see, you even disagree with me about agreeing with me!
    • CommentAuthorJizital

What suicide_doors said.... but i saw someone selling some on tricktrack.org not sure if they are sold yet.
    This dude is selling one for "best offer." Which probably means more than it is worth, but give it a shot.
    • CommentAuthorsfbee
    • CommentTimeNov 3rd 2009

Yea, the post seems a bit cocky. I mean, I'm sure omniums are fantastic and all, but isn't one of the major appealing factors the fact that they're inexpensive? I'm sure they'll be widely available before too long
    I've been wondering about that. I mean, they've been around for two years at this point, why does SRAM continue to ignore the market?
    Oh man, those black ones have to be worth AT LEAST two times more than the silver!

Ugh.

It's so silly to try to ask more than retail just because they are black. The black ones will be readily available soon enough. I would not offer him anymore then they sell for normally.
    someone is selling a black set on Lafixed looking for offers isnt takin less than 200 though and another guy is selling brand new set 165 arms and 48t chainring but i think its cash and local only

\

velospace | about, FAQ & policies | contact | blog | status | site map
© 2005-2011 velospace. All Rights Reserved.