velospace is about bikes and the people who ride them marketplace photos random forums

http://cgi.ebay.com/Rossin-pursuit-track-bike-Pista-Track-Rare-NOS_W0QQitemZ270472018384QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item3ef96379d0#ht_500wt_1170

Great placement of the bars. Why don't more of us ride with their bars mounted at the base of the fork like this?
    ive seen this quite a few times before and i love it. i think its so damn cool. its like the most pursuit a bike can get.
    that look never gets old for me. and i think they mounted them so far down because they thought it hade more aerodynamicacy. but it didnt make much of a differnce so they quite. i think thats right but correct me if im wrong.
    I could see a lot of wary fingers getting taken off by the spokes.
    are they bladed spokes.
    • CommentAuthorfilthpunx
    • CommentTimeOct 18th 2009

yes, they thought it acomplished marvelous areodynamicity. hahaha . really though there is an awsome amount of pursuit frames with the bars mounted like that.if i had money... ohh my weiners way too hard now ahaha
    there are a couple of those bikes on here, I know Hrrundel has one, and seen a couple others,

https://velospace.org/node/10023
    • CommentAuthorSkidMark
    • CommentTimeOct 18th 2009

The other possibility is that it was so much of an aerodynamic advantage it was outlawed by the UCI.
    • CommentAuthorLyKqiD
    • CommentTimeOct 18th 2009 edited

Hrrundel has the legit fork handlebars, not just a stem put on the underside of the head tube. I cant see that being practical anywhere but the track.

You definitely need a threaded fork in order to try that out,
    • CommentAuthoreaglerock
    • CommentTimeOct 19th 2009

Okay, there was enough chatter about this that I finally clicked the link (actually, I cut-and-pasted it. Seriously, people; active links are not hard to do).

WTF? You'd have to have a super-long, super-flexible back to ride that thing.

But a thought occurs to me: I live one mile north of Oakland. I wonder if the seller would let me take a look at it and report back before the auction closes?
    • CommentAuthorSkidMark

The stem is part of the fork.
    • CommentAuthorRuffinit

Here's my very favorite of all time:
    Posted By: RuffinitHere is the detail of the pink Colnago Pista. Seems that they couldn't get the bars low enough, so here's the solution:

Here's what Ernesto Colnago said about this bike:

EC: We built that bike for a Russian sprinter (Rapp?); to test the position and the overall concept but unfortunately there just wasn't time to develop this further for the track worlds.

However, this same concept was developed into the bike that the Russian 100km TTT squad used. (1980 Olympic Champions; Kashrin, Logvin, Chelpakov, Jarkin in 2:01:27.07.) We built a frame that was similar to this with a 26in front wheel and the handlebars were welded on to the fork crown and they won at over 50km/hr average speed!
    • CommentAuthorAaron C

if one stem is good, two must be fucking amazing.
    Especially on the tight turns...
    • CommentAuthorSkidMark

Yeah all those tight turns in the velodrome.
    Thanks for crapping on my joke, SkidMark.
    • CommentAuthorSkidMark

:(
    Dammit man, I thought you were thick skinned! One little guilt trip and you're flushing your tears down the grief toilet!

But seriously, I made a joke, and you pooped on it with your words. Boo.
    • CommentAuthorSkidMark
    • CommentTimeOct 19th 2009 edited

That was meant to be you.

Every time I see your name I get a goddamned Reverend Horton Heat song stuck in my head.
    :(

^
    |
    YOU

\

velospace | about, FAQ & policies | contact | blog | status | site map
© 2005-2011 velospace. All Rights Reserved.