velospace is about bikes and the people who ride them marketplace photos random forums

https://velospace.org/node/22871#comment-48875

Go here, and see berd and pillow joust via their poingnant barbs of lyrical offensiveness. I knew Leaders were hated, and was unsure of how the Velospace collective thought of HedJets, but now I can rest assured in knowing that they were in fact designed after trash cans.
    Things which are sure to catch shit on here: BMC, Leader, Hed, this. More?

gregI deleted a ton of comments on this bike because they violated the velospace rules, which basically boil down to:

Don't be a jerk.

If you need the whole text of the Rule check this out:

Rule 1. Don't be a jerk.
    Note to Rule 1. velospace is not a place for you to vent about how much you hate bikes, how much you hate certain bikes, how much you hate people who ride certain bikes, how much you wish people who rode certain bikes were dead, and etcetera. If you attempt to use velospace for purposes like these you will be banned.

Anyway, that's hilarious. They both spell very creatively... Greee-eeeg!?

Not to piss into their fire or anything, but it is a pretty ugly bike.
    • CommentAuthorRasmus
    • CommentTimeOct 11th 2009

Why BMC's?
    I dunno, cause they're expensive and showy? But look some up, they get flamed often.
    • CommentAuthorGone
    • CommentTimeOct 11th 2009 edited

I think it's a cool bike, few bucks went in it.
    Its all nonsense, I dont like seeing other "bikers" if they are serious bikers or just riding, or doing tricks or whatever making fun of other bikers just because they build their bikes to their own likings. Yea that paticular bike is a leader, we for most of us know they suck, so f'ing what, that is what he bought, probably on a budget or didnt care to break it in a month. Also doesnt matter if the guy with the bmc and corimas wants to covert that to a fixed gear, its his bike, havent anybody heard (to each their own)??? Its just stupid, making fun of someone or their bikes, when they are doing the same thing, JUST LIKING TO RIDE A BIKE, for all the haters, get with it ok. Yea your bike may be better , or hell it may not be better, or you may not have one at all, but seriously dont come in making fun of someone or their bike just cause you dont like it. At least they are riding bikes in general, they could be driving the car that might run into you next or who knows. Were all just trying to have a fun, great time here, which I'm having.

Thanks, none of that probably makes sense, and my punctuation sucks, but who cares right, oh wait the haters do!!!! Have a nice day my friends!!
    • CommentAuthorbionnaki

normally, I would agree with you cyclecrazyjames.

but the fact that these people posted images and descriptions of their bikes on velospace opens an opportunity for others to critique. If people just want to ride their bikes, they wouldnt be here -- let's face it, posting your bike is a form of showing off, a form of exhibitionism, a way of receiving approval of others. If they cannot handle criticism (even if it's undeserved), they should avoid places such as these.
    bionnaki, you are also correct. But as Im sure you have seen as well as all others who actually read and patrol this forum that they love, sometimes the people go a bit to far with their comments, and yes the owner of the bikes may take it to far with the comebacks.
    You both have good points. I think constructive criticism on here should be welcomed and encouraged. A chain that is too tight/slack, a wheel which is about to fall out of a dropout, or a "working" but dangerously crashed bike should evoke at least some sort of critical response from the community, because that is helpful and can make a difference. The same goes for an amazingly rare old frame with trash bin parts on it. Sometimes people need to hear something painful.

But going around and complaining about silly color choices or Leaders or whatever is worthless and only makes the complainer look like a child. I agree that people should be able to take some shit if they are posting their bike on the internet, but the level things escalate to is atrocious.

As for the forums, there are plenty of kids who ask questions about things they obviously shouldn't be doing in the first place (mostly related to buying trick or top of the line parts for what is essentially a their first bike). I, and lots of other people, call them on it. And we should. They need to hear some sound advice, especially when so many retailers are more than happy to help a 14 year old spend $1000 on a bike he doesn't know how to use. The same thing goes for low quality frames like (some) Leaders, VISP, Republic, etc. As long as such comments remain constructive. Browsing the forums being a douchebag about crappy bikes is useless unless you can explain why your opinion matters. Throwing shit, no matter how well deserved, is only effective if there is some (at least pseudo-)sound reasoning behind it. I love seeing the posts from first time and even experienced users which go something like "Kilos suck! Buy a Bareknuckle! I'm happy with mine!" What the hell use is that?

Was that a tangent? Probably. Sorry, I just really hate reading the drivel and completely fabricated and uneducated opinion a lot of people try to pass off as knowledge. So stop that.
    Speaking of which, I think there needs to be a requirement that users who are allowed to post comments have a bike posted first. It seems like half the users who talk shit don't seem to own a bike to being with. There is reason to leave the forums open to new users, but posting comments should be reserved for contributing members.

We should start with Quidose!
    • CommentAuthorwes m.

"Submitted by Berd on 10/10/2009.

i cant believe u think ur bike is sicker than mine. its uglier than my fucking ass mother fucker and almost as ugly as ur fucking wife"

Thats in addition to racist and homophobic comments, so yeah... boohoo for him, he is a real victim.
    I'm not calling him a victim, he's as much of a problem as anyone. The bike is the victim here.
    • CommentAuthorLyKqiD

Woah... that was intense. But c'mon guys, he is 15... Why does the most deep seeded hatred stem from leaders?
    I think most dont understand that feeding the fire (ie immature comebacks) doesnt give them the upper hand.
    • CommentAuthorLyKqiD

Best Part:
    The kid berd brings in to back him upi don't know of anyone who works harder at riding then berd... give this kid a break cuz hes busting his ass to become the best rider he can be and is just working with and making the best of what he has to ride... So seriously back off cuz this kid is sick as fuck
    I don't know about other people, but the combination of horrible design flaws (in the past, anyway) and almost all their frames being ugly as sin (IMHO) make them an easy target. Plus, they cater to the trend more than any other manufacturer I can think of. Well, more than 98% of them, anyway.
    Ha, I hadn't returned to check the progress since last night. I wonder if greg is away for the weekend...
    • CommentAuthorGone
    • CommentTimeOct 11th 2009 edited

Posted By: bionnakinormally, I would agree with you cyclecrazyjames.

but the fact that these people posted images and descriptions of their bikes on velospace opens an opportunity for others to critique. If people just want to ride their bikes, they wouldnt be here -- let's face it, posting your bike is a form of showing off, a form of exhibitionism, a way of receiving approval of others. If they cannot handle criticism (even if it's undeserved), they should avoid places such as these.

Very good answer Bionnaki, let's not forget looking at posted bikes "ugly or not" is an inspiration, to me anyway. A bike is what you believe, a dress code, what your seeing, a cult in other words.
    Because it's like someone shitting in the pool, Gone. I wish I didn't have to get out, even if I don't own the pool and didn't do the shitting.
    • CommentAuthorAaron C
    • CommentTimeOct 12th 2009

Posted By: wes m."Submitted by Berd on 10/10/2009.

i cant believe u think ur bike is sicker than mine. its uglier than my fucking ass mother fucker and almost as ugly as ur fucking wife"

Thats in addition to racist and homophobic comments, so yeah... boohoo for him, he is a real victim.

true story
    • CommentAuthorGone
    • CommentTimeOct 12th 2009

Posted By: Joshua A.C. NewmanBecause it's like someone shitting in the pool, Gone. I wish I didn't have to get out, even if I don't own the pool and didn't do the shitting.

Hitting on a kid with a few bucks in is pocket, going out there building probably is 1st fixed bike. I feel very sorry for you guy's, I'm loosing faith.

\

velospace | about, FAQ & policies | contact | blog | status | site map
© 2005-2011 velospace. All Rights Reserved.