velospace is about bikes and the people who ride them marketplace photos random forums

I ask a lot of questions, I know.

So now I'm wondering, using a Chris King Devolution Headset on a frame with a 1-1/8" head tube, I will be able to run a threaded 1" fork, and therefore,
    a quill stem (which I prefer very much over a threadless stem), amirite, amirite?
    • CommentAuthorfilthpunx
    • CommentTimeOct 6th 2009

yupp. thats a pretty cool idea
    • CommentAuthorthe rabbi
    • CommentTimeOct 6th 2009

the standard devolution hs is set up threadless, so you'll have to buy a conversion kit also.
    that's a whole lot of money (~$130 for the hs & $50 for the conversion) just to use a quill stem.
    mmm :\
    Okay okay okay, answer me this then, anyone: how hard is it to remove the bottle mounts from a frame? I might want to get the IRO Angus frame that can run a 1" threaded tube + quill but the thing is, the frame has ugly bottle mounts.

WAT DU I DU?
    Ask all the questions you like, that's how to learn.
    But...
    Uhm...
    The easiest thing would be to remove the bolts and throw some vinyl or electrical tape over the holes. But that's the nit pickiest shit I have ever heard, Peter. The Angus is a great frame, why not just live with the bottle mount bolts?
    I can not live without perfect symmetry, if that makes sense.
    How do the bottle bolts throw off the frame's symmetry? You could take a look at the new Affinity Metropolitan frame. Very similar to the Angus but less boring. And more TRACK. I say TRACK because you kids these days get excited about that.
    I have issues with Chromo, and from what I've learned, I prefer Reynolds 631. Infact I fiend it.
    Posted By: suicide_doorsAnd more TRACK. I say TRACK because you kids these days get excited about that.

hahaha TRACK is the street bikes these days
    For a while now...

Anyway, Peter, good luck with your OCD.
    • CommentAuthorAaron C
    • CommentTimeOct 7th 2009

Posted By: beater_peter_fixOkay okay okay, answer me this then, anyone: how hard is it to remove the bottle mounts from a frame? I might want to get the IRO Angus frame that can run a 1" threaded tube + quill but the thing is, the frame has ugly bottle mounts.

yea.. yea, fuck hydration and shit.
    • CommentAuthorSkidMark

You don't get to bemoan water bottle mounts if brake holes don't bother you.
    brake holes? dont you mean those air holes that make a frame more aerodynamic?

and bottle mounts are SOOO HEAVY. Like 4 grams. Do you know what a difference that makes in the FEEL of a frame?
    • CommentAuthorscruggle

Posted By: beater_peter_fixhave issues with Chromo, and from what I've learned, I prefer Reynolds 631. Infact I fiend it.

Want to elaborate? Like, what are your issues with 'Chromo' and why do you prefer Reynolds 631?
    Posted By: beater_peter_fixbrake holes? dont you mean those air holes that make a frame more aerodynamic?

the holes are not air holes and does not make you go more aerodynamic at all
    Benson, I was joking. And you cannot "go more" aerodynamic. That makes no sense.

And scruggle; From everything I have ridden in real life and read about on the internet, I have learned that Chromo frames are heavier and not as "stiff" as reynolds 631, and the material may vary from builder to builder.

Although a reynolds frame is ~technically~ weaker, I appreciate the fact that it is the same quality of material across the board, no matter where i buy it from, it is lighter, and there is less "flex."
    Below is a rough depiction of what I do nearly every time I read one of your posts, Peter. I hope you can at least somewhat understand why I do this every time you type.

• CommentAuthorAaron C

Posted By: suicide_doors

ditto.

\

velospace | about, FAQ & policies | contact | blog | status | site map
© 2005-2011 velospace. All Rights Reserved.