velospace is about bikes and the people who ride them marketplace photos random forums

    it sounds like the heart shaped thing you are talking about on the down tube is a cable stop used for the clamp on style shifters . lots of bikes have those . look for other things to id your frame like what brand drop outs ,geometry of the frame (headtube angle/seattube angle) or fork crown. some french bikes to look at are motobecane,gitane and peugeot.good luck. make sure to take good care of the bottom bracket and head set (that is probably french also) they are hard to get and are not cheap.
    • CommentAuthorDC_design
    • CommentTimeJul 26th 2009
    Hey is the heart a metal eigth inch thick one riveted to the tube about 3 inches down? I have that one my 81 schwinn traveller and have no idea what it mean but i think you have a traveller. is there a serial number stamped into the right drop out probly starting with a G?
    • CommentAuthordanzap209
    • CommentTimeJul 26th 2009
    It's not a Schwinn.... Jeez !!!! Schwinns do not have french threading
    • CommentAuthorSkidMark
    • CommentTimeJul 27th 2009 edited
    This "heart" shape is on almost every frame that had clamp-on cable guides or a clamp-on downtube shifter.

    And, the spacing for a 5-speed freewheel cluster is 124mm, so yeah a "cassette" wouldn't fit.
    • CommentAuthorALUBIKE
    • CommentTimeAug 15th 2013 edited
    Hello! I need help to identify this frame , the steel it's Columbus, and the dropouts it's Campagnolo .

velospace | about, FAQ & policies | contact | blog | status | site map
© 2005-2011 velospace. All Rights Reserved.