velospace is about bikes and the people who ride them marketplace photos random forums

• CommentAuthorrobotbox
    • CommentTimeDec 6th 2008

I thought it might be a good idea to start a thread where people can get advice about bikes being sold on eBay (and craigslist, i suppose). There's a lot of junk out there and people who are looking to rip others off. So, post any questions about items here and get some feedback from some of the more knowledgeable users.

I'll start with this Raleigh frame:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120345107461&indexURL

Is this a legitmate Raleigh that's just got a weird paintjob? or some other bike custom painted with raleigh decals? Seems fishy to me, but I don't know a whole lot about Raleigh track frames. But the lugs looks off to me, as does the seatstays. Any ideas?
    http://stores.ebay.com/Crosslake-Sales_Cycling_Track-Bikes_W0QQcolZ4QQdirZ1QQfsubZ20541910QQftidZ2QQtZkm

Lets talk about this guys bikes, who's listings usually take up a HUGE chunk of the track bikes listed on Ebay.
    • CommentAuthorAaron C
    • CommentTimeDec 6th 2008

boo crosslake-sales: who make browsing ebay 1000x longer. i really don,t need to see 40 duplicate postings.
    That Raleigh looks legit, probably a Reynolds 531 tubeset, good stuff. Who'd try to pass off a fake Raleigh anyway?
    I just purchased a BEAUTIFUL 2004 Aegis Victory frame to build for $735 including shipping off Ebay. If you know what to look for, you can get some great deals. For instance there are some FSC frames on there that I have purchased to build for folks and they are VERY NICE $750 USD frames if you were to purchase them from Europe! I got most of mine for a little over $200 each. The are all aluminum except for the seat stays. I have one that I built in my list of bikes I own. Check it out!

\

velospace | about, FAQ & policies | contact | blog | status | site map
© 2005-2011 velospace. All Rights Reserved.