velospace is about bikes and the people who ride them marketplace photos random forums

• CommentAuthorsfbee
    • CommentTimeSep 14th 2009

Since fall is slowly approaching (here in Texas), I figured I'd post and see what kind of special plans you folks have here for taking advantage of some nice fall riding weather. Houston is having some kick ass weather this week, and I plan on heading out towards hill country this weekend, weather permitting.
    Hoody season here we come gotta love it
    • CommentAuthoriamsomeguy
    • CommentTimeSep 15th 2009

Posted By: bensonisajewHoody season here we come gotta love it

ditto

needs to stop raining

im tired of riding rollers
    • CommentAuthorwes m.

My plans: Put the fenders on my bike, put the shell layer on my body, keep doing what I've been doing.
    • CommentAuthorsfbee

I guess I perceive fall a bit differently, since it's pretty much the only time of year in Houston where it's not 100+ degrees with 1000% humidity every day. We have a slow moving front passing through right now that has brought some beautiful weather, so I'm ready to get out and go for some really long rides
    • CommentAuthorgreg

One word: singletrack(!!)
    • CommentAuthormmediaman

My plan: Finish the aluminum winter build, mount the studded tires, finish the 29er 1X7 build, and finish my grocery cart tandem. I'll have a bike for good days (20-50F), the rainy days, and the nasty fall blizzards. It drops a lot of snow in duluth in the fall, but it doesn't stick to the ground until thanksgiving.
    • CommentAuthorthe rabbi

i've got a lot of rides coming up.

livestrong - 40 miles
    viva bike vegas - 118 miles (double metric)
    ms150

and lots of others. looking forward to not riding in 110 degree weather.
    • CommentAuthorjerereremy

i'm moving across the country in less than two weeks, so my i'll be doing lots of exploring the roads and trying to meet new people this fall. apparently, i need to get my bike ready for the winter, too....what's a winter again?
    • CommentAuthorSkidMark

Trail riding.

N.O.I.S.E Fixed/Singlespeed XC Challenge

Some commuting with rain gear and fenders.

New bike frame designs.

New bike builds likely.
    • CommentAuthorwes m.

Posted By: gregOne word:singletrack(!!)

YES! Summer was to hot, dry, crowded, and dusty on my local trails. Now that people are back to school and we got a little rain the conditions are prime.

This is how I imagine the transition into fall:

• CommentAuthorpennjones
    • CommentTimeSep 16th 2009

I plan on doing my first ever 60 mile ride by the end of October and to start building my new bike!
    • CommentAuthordmdeford

building up my trek 520,
    buying studded tires, suggestions?
    riding hilly hundred in indiana... anyone else?
    • CommentAuthor8vpete

I need to look into a long-sleeve jersey and tights. I look forward to 50ish degree IL weather out in the country : )
    • CommentAuthoreaglerock

Posted By: 8vpeteI need to look into a long-sleeve jersey and tights. I look forward to 50ish degree IL weather out in the country : )

Some of us ride that way in the city every night!

In the Bay Area, we have weather the opposite of the rest of you. Cold, foggy, mostly dry summers; rainy winters; blazing hot May and October. For us, riding in fall/winter means staying cool in October, and staying dry the rest of the time. I'm building up a touring bike, hoping to do a few weekendish trips, like Berkeley/Sacramento, a Sonoma County loop, and maybe a trip up to the Lost Coast.
    sfbee wrote: "Since fall is slowly approaching..."

Oh I hate it when that happens, when you are falling in slow motion and can't stop it. Fall riding plans? I plan not to fall unless I can help it. I have learned that it is most dangerous to ride a bicycle unless I am playing guitar at the same time. The guitar helps me keep my balance.

\

velospace | about, FAQ & policies | contact | blog | status | site map
© 2005-2011 velospace. All Rights Reserved.