velospace is about bikes and the people who ride them marketplace photos random forums

I woke up in the middle of the night to the sound of my tire popping, i just bought a used rear wheel and it is a Weinmann DP 18. I rode the bike about 30 miles after i bought the wheel. What could have caused this?
    check your rim strips
    maybe it was a pinch?
    • CommentAuthorfixedpuch
    • CommentTimeSep 7th 2009

Was your tube bulging under the tire?
    I honestly don't know the bike rode just fine. My brother said it was probably a pinch but I don't really know what that is. Regardless i replaced the tube and I am riding today. Maybe thats a bad idea, i guess i will learn the hard way if it is.
    Looking at the busted tube will often yield good information. It will also help diagnosis if you mount your tire with the logo next to the valve stem.
    Funny this thread was made, and you said it happened at night.... Mine just did this very thing last night, and heard it, really thought nothing of it, but went to go check, and sure enough it was my rear tire flat... luckily I had an extra tube right there...
    It's the...

(for the record, I just picked that phrase out of the air. I had no idea this tube bandit existed already...)
    hahahaha,, the tube bandit, thats great!!!
    Yeah, take a look, being careful to keep the tire and rim aligned so you can figure out if there was a piece of glass or something.

I had a couple of valves blow off on me lately. Check the valves.
    • CommentAuthorquidose
    • CommentTimeSep 9th 2009 edited

is it very hot where you live? do you not have air conditioning? really hot days sometimes used to blow the tubes on my 27" wheels.
    • CommentAuthorHMax
    • CommentTimeSep 9th 2009

do you have a cat?
    cat's are mischievous bastards
    i've had one pop my tire whilst playing video games
    i hear a pop
    and turn around
    and the jerk runs off

\

velospace | about, FAQ & policies | contact | blog | status | site map
© 2005-2011 velospace. All Rights Reserved.