velospace is about bikes and the people who ride them marketplace photos random forums

• CommentAuthorBobbert
    • CommentTimeSep 1st 2009

• CommentAuthorAaron C
    • CommentTimeSep 1st 2009

man its scary how often that kind of thing happens. whether you are a cyclist or a driver: you are not so important that traffic laws do not apply to you.

i really hope that driver had some kind of legit excuse (i.e. "i was having a seizure"), not just being a prick.

in the end it is sad because, that cyclist will never get the kind of treatment/justice he (or anyone deserves), guaranteed it will be ruled no fault on the part of the driver, maybe he might actually have to pay the traffic ticket for running a red--but that will be all. double-plus guaranteed because he is a politician.

fuck that noise.
    There is no excuse in running a red light obviously he broke the law there is no reason why he had to run the red light the cyclist followed the lights to go and some asshole ran the light and almost killed a person wtf is that
    so how exactly is he getting away with only getting a citation for the red light, but no action being taken for, you know, that whole running a human being over part?
    That article didn't come up when I copy and pasted the link but like right on the front page some bastard is being charged with murder for killing his 4 month old son. What a world man. I've got a 2 year old and I can't believe some of the shit I read about the vile things people do to children. What the fuck is wrong with people?

Anyways, I got the gist of the thing. I'm very confused how this kinda shit happens all the time and for some reason the part about the innocent human who's maimed or killed is just completely dropped from the case. It seems like every time some dumb ass motorist runs down a cyclist and kills him they get a ticket for "careless driving" or are let off with a goddamn warning. If the same person were to go out tonight and hit someone over the head with a brick they'd do twenty years for that shit, but if they hit a cyclist with a 5,000lb brick it's not a big deal. I'm not one for conspiracies but something just doesn't add up in these cases.
    What we need as a community is a group of dedicated legal professionals who also happen to be cycling advocates to take on cases like this and get this shit sorted out. The Electronic Frontier Foundation is a that type of group.They take up cases when companies try to bully citizens through the legal system. They usually just stick with stuff like copyright infringement and issues concerning the open source software community but man could we use some similar backing ourselves.
    Pipe dream though. Very few of us have much money and that's pretty much the only grease that gets this system's wheels to turn. Shame.
    Yeah, I tried searching the site a bit as well. Wild guess that the video was removed because the guy was a politician(from what I gather from reading above)
    • CommentAuthorAaron C
    • CommentTimeSep 3rd 2009

Posted By: upthemaidenYeah, I tried searching the site a bit as well. Wild guess that the video was removed because the guy was a politician(from what I gather from reading above)

fuckkk

\

velospace | about, FAQ & policies | contact | blog | status | site map
© 2005-2011 velospace. All Rights Reserved.