velospace is about bikes and the people who ride them marketplace photos random forums

• CommentAuthorbirdo
    • CommentTimeSep 7th 2009

I ride a new 722. I really like it. it's lighter than the new 725s apparently. I posted it a few days ago
    • CommentAuthorjordanye
    • CommentTimeSep 7th 2009

Posted By: jam guyI would rather donate money to the Sarah Palins 2012 presidential campaign then buy a Leader.

haha look up other leader threads and youll see all the love for leaders on this website!
    ......steel is real..............
    Real in the sense that it is not an illusion? Good to know.

Don't get me wrong, I don't trust anything more than a steel frame. But, I mean, what the fuck?
    I think aluminum is real also. I'm pretty sure it's not fake.
    I don't know, I'm pretty sure fluffy bunnies are keeping my wheels together.
    Suicide, any luck?

I ride a Cannondale that I can only assume is a dream.
    With the bunnies? Still fluffy.
    is it your silly rabbit, s.d.
    Aesthetically I think the frames are fine. They're definitely inexpensive, and you get what you pay for. The rear drop out issue is extremely annoying and sizing your gearing to situate the rear wheel in the drop outs without hitting the seat tube is tricky on the older models. I have a 721 TR and like how it rides. I like the looks of the large tubing which is why I bought the frame. If I needed to build a bike to really ride in anger it would be steel though. The vibrations from an aluminum frame get annoying. So if I feel like thrashing I ride my SE.

No Complaints though for just a pleasure craft. My Leader 721 here:

https://velospace.org/node/23164
    • CommentAuthorgchain
    • CommentTimeMay 9th 2010

Leader love :) my 722TS from 2010 is working great. short top tube but it's fun.
    • CommentAuthorasalinas
    • CommentTimeMay 9th 2010

Leader loveeee, my 2010 leader is has given me no complaints either. Definately a fun build!
    • CommentAuthorncecchi
    • CommentTimeJul 6th 2010

who resurrected this thing? at any rate, I ride a 722 TR and it is fucking awesome. I actually like it better than my friend's Pista. I would highly recommend this frame.
    Posted By: ncecchiwho resurrected this thing?

pretty sure it was you....
    • CommentAuthorncecchi

nah dude, it went from september 2009 to may 2010
    oh, well once it passes the front page its consider resurrecting, so technically you did. Nothing wrong with it though
    • CommentAuthorncecchi

cool, i'll keep that in mind as I'm relatively new to this site.
    nothing wrong wtih resurrection, as long as yo uhavbe something useful to say or add. While comments like :

Posted By: ncecchiwho resurrected this thing? at any rate, I ride a 722 TR and it is fucking awesome. I actually like it better than my friend's Pista. I would highly recommend this frame.

are usually not considered common sense or the common consensus. either way have fun with your bike, if you like it better than a pista then good for you. But we like to warn people about some of the problems leaders have and their TERRIBLE customer service/

you get what you pay for
    • CommentAuthorncecchi
    • CommentTimeJul 6th 2010 edited

I'm not going to dispute the customer service, which can be shitty or great depending on who you call. half the time the dude on the phone sounds stoned.
    I was just throwing in that the 722 is a good, quality frame with nice welds and solid, thought out geo - unlike many of Leader's other bikes.
    I know the old 721 and 725's had weird wheel/ dropout problems which is absolutely ridiculous, but it's almost like the 722 is the exact opposite of this. It seems like they don't want to admit that they totally fucked up, even though they should, but at least now they are making solid, well designed frames to make up for that older B.S.

also, quick question, what does it mean when someone just comments on your bike with just a period?

p.s. i know you get what you pay for, but I would say that the quality on the newer Leader frames far surpasses Pake or Mercier or any of the Bikes Direct bikes. the are kinda filling in that in-between niche of a low cost but quality frame.
    Posted By: ncecchiI'm not going to dispute the customer service, which can be shitty or great depending on who you call. half the time the dude on the phone sounds stoned.
    I was just throwing in that the 722 is a good, quality frame with nice welds and solid, thought out geo - unlike many of Leader's other bikes.
    I know the old 721 and 725's had weird wheel/ dropout problems which is absolutely ridiculous, but it's almost like the 722 is the exact opposite of this. It seems like they don't want to admit that they totally fucked up, even though they should, but at least now they are making solid, well designed frames to make up for that older B.S.

also, quick question, what does it mean when someone just comments on your bike with just a period?

ok

and when someone does that, it means they either clicked add new comment on accident or they regretting making a comment after it was already done

\

velospace | about, FAQ & policies | contact | blog | status | site map
© 2005-2011 velospace. All Rights Reserved.