velospace is about bikes and the people who ride them marketplace photos random forums

Ahhh.. the holy grail of mildly comfortable tarck ass saddles is finally back in production. No more eBay hunts for a Turbo that isn't horribly fucked over and falling apart or NOS and selling for $250.
    I'm thinking Selle did this because Charge has their Turbo knock-off coming out later this year.
    You know someone up at corporate was on the phone with marketing like "wait... people wanna buy our old ass saddles? there's another company about to release a carbon copy of the Turbo? but the new models are far lighter and more comfortable! where the fuck is Doc Brown, did I wake up in the goddamn 80's this morning? what's that? our new stuff ain't tarck? what the hell does tarck mean? so be it. start crankin em out"
    We'll see how the prices stack up but this is pretty cool news for anyone who's been wanting one of these but had trouble making it happen (I highly recommend one myself, very nice saddle).
    That's pretty sick. I've always loved how they look. I got one on ebay a few weeks ago for about $90, it was used but still in great condition with just some slight scuffs on the logos. Any info on what they'll cost?
    Naw not yet. Only place I know that has 'em is that weird ass keirin shop in Miami.
    I sent an email to Selle to see when they'd be sending em out to more shops and what the MSRP is.
    • CommentAuthorwes m.
    • CommentTimeAug 6th 2009

Some dork who paid big bucks for a box of nos turbos to sell on ebay is going to hang himself today.
    But the Selle SLR is so much nicer!!
    • CommentAuthoreaglerock
    • CommentTimeAug 6th 2009 edited

So I guess this means I need to sell this white Turbo I have here to some fixster-fetishist right now...

(worn saddles for street cred!)
    • CommentAuthorthe rabbi
    • CommentTimeAug 6th 2009

... Euro Asia Imports still has like 10 boxes of NOS turbos. each box has like 50 seats in it. And concors. And flites.

i just don't think bike shops know about them.

and i can imagine the seats will go for $150-$200.
    I've had a Turbo on my Mondia since it was new, but I just replaced it with a Brooks. So far the comfort level is about the same. Hopefully, when the Brooks breaks me in 'good and proper', I'll like it more than the Turbo. The Turbo is narrower than the Brooks I purchased, and perhaps I should have gotten a narrower Brooks, but my aged fat ass no longer appreciated the Turbo's shape as much as my less fat ass used to.
    • CommentAuthorgreg
    • CommentTimeAug 7th 2009

My striped turbo has been great to ride on, and it makes the BUSS stylin':

I just got an email back from Selle.
    The Turbo is available through QBP to all shops right now but the quantities are somewhat limited.
    They said there should be plenty to go around by late September / early October.

And they cost about half of Rabbi's "imaginings" up there ($80-$95 depending on the shop)

Imma call TrackShack tomorrow and see if they won't order a couple.
    • CommentAuthorGhibli

The unicanitor saddle is out too and will be available in leather this fall. Looks like the old retro names are coming back.
    • CommentAuthorfixedpuch

Jay, you know Kurt will definately order some....
    Posted By: fixedpuchJay, you know Kurt will definately order some....

Yeah for sure. At least I hope so. I hit him up the other day for a Sugino Messenger chainring and he had none on hand. Kinda surprised me. Fool's got 8 long ass 130mm Cinelli stems but no high quality chainrings laying around. Weirdo inventory. He did order one up though and is straight charging internet prices for in-store pickup so that's cool.
    Octopus, I agree, but to each their own groin. I like the no-longer-made SKN myself. I got a couple for $30 before they stopped manufacturing them.
    they still make them only there the naked carbon no padding kind
    I would buy a Turbo, it's just that Specialized Toupe I currently reside on is so perfect!
    • CommentAuthorthe rabbi
    • CommentTimeAug 8th 2009

Posted By: iron jaidenI just got an email back from Selle.
    The Turbo is available through QBP to all shops right now but the quantities are somewhat limited.
    They said there should be plenty to go around by late September / early October.

And they cost about half of Rabbi's "imaginings" up there ($80-$95 depending on the shop)

hey, wholesale on a NOS one from EAI is $120.
    • CommentAuthoriron jaiden
    • CommentTimeAug 8th 2009 edited

Posted By: the rabbi
    Posted By: iron jaidenI just got an email back from Selle.

hey, wholesale on a NOS one from EAI is $120.

Exactly. That's why this is a good thing. NOS prices on Turbos, Concors, and Unicanitors are just too much. Once they go back into production the prices drop a good 35% and us wage slaves win. Sorta :)
    • CommentAuthorthe rabbi
    • CommentTimeAug 8th 2009

selle italia needs to bring back the classic flite.

helllllo nurse
    that is my all time fav. saddle the all carbon model particular

\

velospace | about, FAQ & policies | contact | blog | status | site map
© 2005-2011 velospace. All Rights Reserved.