velospace is about bikes and the people who ride them marketplace photos random forums

• CommentAuthorfirebush
    • CommentTimeAug 6th 2009

SO... trying to distract myself from my recent loss...my 2003 Pista Concept was stolen in NYC 2 weeks ago, and came across a set of used Zipp 440 road wheels.

I was thinking of getting the front to run on the track and then it came to me that if i bought the rear i could delace it and maybe have it laced to a track hub... is this possible/ a good idea with a used wheelset, provided they are in good and true condition?

thanks for your advice,

-johan
    • CommentAuthorthe rabbi

what is the drilling on the rear wheel?

i use a 24h zipp 440 front on the track that i laced up.

depending on your weight, having a rear wheel with a low spoke count might not be the best idea on the track.
    • CommentAuthorfirebush

yeah, i think i am going to scrap the rear wheel idea. just gonna get the front i think ; ) should be fun and light.
    • CommentAuthorthe rabbi
    • CommentTimeAug 7th 2009

Posted By: firebushyeah, i think i am going to scrap the rear wheel idea. just gonna get the front i think ; ) should be fun and light.
    yeah, i did mine with an american classic micro 58 24h and radial laced it with dt competition spokes. came out to <700g with an allen skewer.

\

velospace | about, FAQ & policies | contact | blog | status | site map
© 2005-2011 velospace. All Rights Reserved.