velospace is about bikes and the people who ride them marketplace photos random forums

what makes a good freestyle fixie?

thanks
    apart from riser bars lol
    if you want to free style then get a bmx
    +1 CF15

Get a bmx or an urban MTB
    • CommentAuthorjam guy
    • CommentTimeAug 4th 2009

Posted By: guitarrista robwhat makes a good freestyle dick in hand?

thanks
    • CommentAuthorMaxThrash

I think Milwaukee bicycles makes a fixed gear bike for tricks
    • CommentAuthorjordanye

if you want a bike strictly for freestyling, a bmx bike is the way to go. But if your going to be biking long distances for transportation and still want a bike that can still do tricks, get a single speed fixed gear bike.
    • CommentAuthorjam guy

Posted By: jordanyeif you want a bike strictly for freestyling, a bmx bike is the way to go. But if your going to be biking long distances for transportation and still want a bike that can still do tricks, get a single speed fixed gear bike.

Single speeds and fixed gears are completely different. If you want to get a freestyle fixie don't. Buy a BMX bike and ride the shit out of it. You will find it easier when doing cool things on it. As far as BMX bikes being harder to commute on it is true. But stop being fucking lazy and just ride the thing.
    • CommentAuthorwes m.

Gosh guys! "freestyle fixie" is like calling an asian an oriental. Its called tarck, be politically correct.
    • CommentAuthormmediaman

I JUST WANT TO DO SWEAT TRICKS ON MY TARCK BIKE
    • CommentAuthorjam guy

Posted By: wes m.Gosh guys! "freestyle fixie" is like calling an asian an oriental. Its called tarck, be politically correct.

It is funny you say that. I asked my girlfriend if she thought oriental was derogatory... she said no. I still think it is.
    Posted By: wes m.Gosh guys! "freestyle fixie" is like calling an asian an oriental. Its called tarck, be politically correct.

Haha. Well to be completely accurate Tarck can apply to any type of bike but pretty much ALWAYS applies to goddamn fixed gear bikes with bmx sensibilities.
    I'm still having a really hard time wrapping my head around the whole thing. Like everytime I see a "fixie trick" it's a rehashed bmx trick that was perfected 25 years ago on the right kind of bike.

Let me illustrate:

Watch this

Now tell me, when the hell are the trick track kids gonna be doing stuff at this level? Probably never. It's like trying to do kickflips on a longboard. Even if you land one you're still fucking retarded.
    Ride however you want to, but don't get butt hurt when you get laughed at for being silly assed :)
    • CommentAuthorjam guy

Posted By: iron jaiden
    Posted By: wes m.It's like trying to do kickflips on a longboard. Even if you land one you're still fucking retarded.
    Ride however you want to, but don't get butt hurt when you get laughed at for being silly assed :)

Amazing....
    • CommentAuthorSkidMark

FBM Sword

Support American manufacturing!
    • CommentAuthorjam guy

Posted By: SkidMarkFBM Sword

Support American manufacturing!

Very true. The Volume fixed gear frame is made in Taiwan.
    • CommentAuthorLyKqiD
    • CommentTimeAug 5th 2009

Milwaukee Bruiser
    Get a unicycle
    • CommentAuthorgelpicorp

i'm glad these responses came out. i thought i was the retarded one thinking that bmx tricks belonged on bmx bikes. i guess it is the same reason why we all used to laugh at aggressive in-line skaters - fruitbooters - when i used to skateboard. They looked like tools, and everone knew it.

i didn't want to say it out-loud and/or high jack a thread or something, but since other people feel the same, i want to thank you all for confirming my sanity.
    • CommentAuthorheadydude

Posted By: jam guy

It is funny you say that. I asked my girlfriend if she thought oriental was derogatory... she said no. I still think it is.

I am pretty sure Oriental now refers to rugs and other inanimate objects and not people.
    • CommentAuthorjam guy

Posted By: headydude
    Posted By: jam guy

I am pretty sure Oriental now refers to rugs and other inanimate objects and not people.

Depends where you live.

"Ching chang chong! I can't understand you!"

\

velospace | about, FAQ & policies | contact | blog | status | site map
© 2005-2011 velospace. All Rights Reserved.