velospace is about bikes and the people who ride them marketplace photos random forums

• CommentAuthorkemz562
    • CommentTimeMay 17th 2011

Posted By: typeDvorak
    Posted By: kemz562. put your foot on the back tire. better than brakes or skidding haha

I can top all three.

Boom! Instant go-stopper. Guaranteed to maximize your inertia.
    a car is pretty decent way to stop too haha
    • CommentAuthorMANNY E
    • CommentTimeMay 17th 2011

Spez Armadillos skid on accident almost. Almost hard not to sometimes. + 1 on the get a brake though. I'm about to put mine back on but I need a narrower bracket or clamp or shorter grips cause I cut my bars a little. I was hatin on the Armadillos in another thread because I got a flat as soon as I put them on and then realized the tube kinda split on a seam. They are really tough tires. I freaked out once and totally skidded out like 6 feet because a car slammed on the brakes in front of me and seriously, no skid mark on the tire at all.
    • CommentAuthorangrybee
    • CommentTimeAug 4th 2011 edited

Gatorskin 25c +1

Interested in the 28c Rando though
    • CommentAuthorShaku
    • CommentTimeAug 4th 2011

I'll have to agree on the 28c Randos. Awesome tire, lasted me through a canadian winter and half a summer before they wore all the way through

(of course skidding in the snow doesnt really wear them down lol)

I do have a durano skid I'm going to try, i'll probably post a review once i get it on my bike as i don't see many reviews for them.
    • CommentAuthorfurhorse

Arent we over all this by now?
    • CommentAuthorjul1204

Randos are mean when it comes to skidding but there is the downside of going through one a month.
    I've recently switched to gators and they do last relatively longer.
    They're harder to skid on at first but you will start admiring its quality over randos.
    Posted By: angrybeeGatorskin 25c +1

Interested in the 28c Rando though

To me the randos are hella thin for 28c. I still remember the first skid on my randos down a big ass hill... My friend said smoke came out lol.
    • CommentAuthorDrCatbus
    • CommentTimeAug 5th 2011

Does skidding on wet tarmac wear out your tires? It's so fucking fun.
    • CommentAuthorper.k
    • CommentTimeAug 5th 2011

Well, it's not going to add rubber...but it does allow me to enjoy rainy days more :)

\

velospace | about, FAQ & policies | contact | blog | status | site map
© 2005-2011 velospace. All Rights Reserved.