velospace is about bikes and the people who ride them marketplace photos random forums

• CommentAuthorfirebush
    • CommentTimeNov 27th 2008

Does anyone know if someone makes an aluminum 3,4 or 5 spoke front wheel?

I want something like a specialized or HED 3 but don't feel like paying 1k for them and would like them to be strong.

I'm not into aerospokes.

thanks!
    • CommentAuthorj e SS e

I'm actually holding out for the Uno-Spoke. It's going to be the baddest thing since custom top tube pads.
    i saw that wheel, it looks pretty cool, but i dont know if i would be able to trust it.
    i mean one spoke, it is like something out of a scifi movie
    the lex carbon stopped producing the monospoke in 2003 because it was prone to stress failure and the uneven weight distribution caused excess stress on the hub bearings which caused them to wear out extremely fast. besides im pretty sure you guys are being sarcastic. why would you spend almost 2000 dollars for one wheel? i like the corima 4 spokes.
    • CommentAuthorsixspeed
    • CommentTimeNov 27th 2008 edited

• CommentAuthorsixspeed

• CommentAuthortotal
    • CommentTimeNov 28th 2008

Bassano also makes 5 spoked wheels witch are pretty cheap (compared to other wheels like that), tough they are hard to find, and ive only seen them 26".

Ive got me a set for 200 euro's

http://link.marktplaats.nl/210574021
    • CommentAuthorsixspeed
    • CommentTimeDec 27th 2008

• CommentAuthorthe rabbi
    • CommentTimeDec 29th 2008

Posted By: firebushDoes anyone know if someone makes an aluminum 3,4 or 5 spoke front wheel?

I want something like a specialized or HED 3 but don't feel like paying 1k for them and would like them to be strong.

I'm not into aerospokes.

thanks!
    there is no such thing as an all aluminum 3/4/5 spoked wheel. it wouldn't be very strong, if it existed. look around the internet, you can find a hed3 for under $500
    • CommentAuthork_phomma
    • CommentTimeDec 29th 2008

arro arro arro arro arro arro arro arro arro arro arro
    Posted By: the rabbi
    Posted By: firebushDoes anyone know if someone makes an aluminum 3,4 or 5 spoke front wheel?

I'm not into aerospokes.

thanks!
    there is no such thing as an all aluminum 3/4/5 spoked wheel. it wouldn't be very strong, if it existed. look around the internet, you can find a hed3 for under $500

i can actually think of quite a few companies that make all aluminum wheels for cruisers and bmx bikes and such and i think they work just fine. also gippemme used to make an aluminum 5 spoke for track/tt/road. do your homework
    • CommentAuthorthe rabbi
    • CommentTimeJan 2nd 2009

Posted By: alexisfasteri can actually think of quite a few companies that make all aluminum wheels for cruisers and bmx bikes and such and i think they work just fine. also gippemme used to make an aluminum 5 spoke for track/tt/road. do your homework
    aluminum hub/rim is a differnt story. any mag wheel for bmx has been either carbon or plastic. and that campy wheel had a composite rim. the kid obviously isn't racing, so the strength wouldn't be great.

\

velospace | about, FAQ & policies | contact | blog | status | site map
© 2005-2011 velospace. All Rights Reserved.