velospace is about bikes and the people who ride them marketplace photos random forums

I want black cranks, but don't have the cash to buy the black suginos.

I'm pretty sure it will work, but will the silver anodization affect the adhesion of the polymer?
    • CommentAuthorsimonweiss
    • CommentTimeJun 28th 2009

Really? Just save a little more $ and buy black ones .
    No dude here's what you do. I've got this black set of Sugino VPs danglin from an old schwinn conversion at the house. You give me your 75s and I'll give you my VPs!!!!

For real though it's a pain in the ass to paint anodized metal. Like you could get it coated but it'll come off over time unless you strip the anodic film and do a chemical conversion treatment.
    That'd easily cost more than a new crankset.
    Fool put them 75s up on eBay and get a set of black messengers off the profit. You don't need 75s for mashin around Arvada :P
    huh... sounds like too much work.
    Looks like I'll be getting some messengers.
    Will those be stiff enough for the track?
    Are there any 130bcd chainrings made with 49 teeth?

Haha i'm on the complete opposite side of town than arvada, but I know what you mean.
    does anybody know a boy named thomas if so you are probably his uncle and he lives in springfield. he says he has a uncle who is a member on here.
    Posted By: you dont know medoes anybody know a boy named thomas if so you are probably his uncle and he lives in springfield. he says he has a uncle who is a member on here.

That's about the most random thread hijack I've ever seen. Either you're drunk or crazy. I like it though.

Posted By: proudxvxyouthhuh... sounds like too much work.
    Looks like I'll be getting some messengers.
    Will those be stiff enough for the track?
    Are there any 130bcd chainrings made with 49 teeth?

Haha i'm on the complete opposite side of town than arvada, but I know what you mean.

Oh you wanna ride those on the velodrome? I mean yeah they'll work for sure but I'm sure you'll eventually be pissed you're not riding with 75s. The messengers are just about perfect for anything off the track though.

Oh dude I'm not gonna have my frameset tomorrow. I don't think it's showing up till Tuesday or Wednesday. Mike's ridin my Alien so I'm short a bike. If you're downtown though you oughta stop by the house. My girl's makin vegan nachos sometime in the afternoon.
    my freind and i got to talking about bikes and he said he has a uncle has a account on here but he didnt know the name of the account and had no way of contacting his uncle at the moment so i figured that i would post that and see if anybody fit the discription.
    • CommentAuthorsfbee
    • CommentTimeJun 29th 2009

You might be able to take your current cranks to a shop and have them anodized. I have no idea how much it would cost, but there a lot of specialty metal shops that could do this for you:

http://www.google.com/#hl=en&q=denver+anodizing&fp=OzgK0dwM7rU

Posted By: you dont know memy freind and i got to talking about bikes and he said he has a uncle has a account on here but he didnt know the name of the account and had no way of contacting his uncle at the moment so i figured that i would post that and see if anybody fit the discription.

lickedwicked!
    nnnnnnnnnnnooooooooooooooooooooo if it is lickedwicked my freind will no longer be my freind.
    hey you guys i just noticed that lickedwicked hasnt been on here for like 2 weeks did greg finally get rid of him?
    and for the 75 problem i would say sell the old one and just save up a little longer for the black one.
    • CommentAuthorsfbee

Nope... but you sure know a lot about him, considering you've only been a member for roughly 3 days... oh wait... that coincides within an hour of henrybears, who hasn't posted since being called out for possibly posting the very ad he was inquiring about on craigslist (which clearly had to be bullshit). Also, none of the aforementioned profiles have bikes associated with them (including lickedwicked), and you all seem to have similarities in your grammatical shortcomings

That being said, I'm going to bet that you're him :)

*adjusts his tinfoil hat*
    • CommentAuthorfixedpuch

sfbee, your awesome.
    ok here is the thing i am acually carbin fiber 15 but i made a new acount because i went crazy freinding bikes and i decided i had to many so i made a new account and that way i only have mt fav. bikes on my little page
    and to prove to you i am carib fiber 15 i will log out you dont know me and log in as c.f 15 and greg you can delete c.f15 if you want i wont use it any more and sorry for the hassle. oh and no im not licked wicked you guys would know if i was by my threads.
    see and if you would look at my zip code you would see they are the same.
    • CommentAuthorveggie

You know you can delete/not be a bikes friend.
    you can how that is origanally what i wanted to do but i couldnt find how to do it.
    • CommentAuthorveggie

Go to the bike and look in the same place you add it, there will be a delete button.
    i know it is too late for a bike to prove that i am me but i am going to try to post my trek 7.2 fx on here and if it helps to belive my previous commentsi will do it on you dont know me. and thanks veggie.
    • CommentAuthorveggie

No prob, now lets steer this back on topic.
    if you are just riding in the city then buy an pake off of the bike biz in black so you can still ride your bike then sell the old 75 and save for a new one or just look at ebay and craigslist.

\

velospace | about, FAQ & policies | contact | blog | status | site map
© 2005-2011 velospace. All Rights Reserved.