velospace is about bikes and the people who ride them marketplace photos random forums

hi yes i am female fixed rider but i have g/f who want to ride but she only got like 400 bucks to spend. we looked at the lager and we where told by sale guy that the bikes on direct where the same as se lager . is this true because if she get the se lager it like 500 she have to wait until she gets another 100 bucks. thanks
    After a not very scientific investigation, they don't seem to be the same bike. Similar, perhaps.

I'd go with the Kilo TT, I was happy with mine, and don't let people tell you that they are crap. They aren't the nicest, but mine is now my rain bike and it has about 2000 miles on it. Works fine for me!
    • CommentAuthorMaxThrash
    • CommentTimeJun 13th 2009

I own a Lager as my one and only bike, and I'd say that whether or not they're literally the same, at that price they're probably essentially the same. Although I do enjoy riding my bike, it is definitely on the low end of the quality spectrum. If you're going the cheap route, just make sure the bike doesn't have a rep as being a total piece of crap, and you should be ok. Be wary of anything cheaper than $400.
    thanks for help , i know somethings about bikes , but i know about my langster ny and my capo because that what my b/f got me , so as far other brands and models just not sure . thanks
    Not to say the lager is junk but it damn near is. If your girl is just "trying out the fixed gear thing" it doesn't much matter what she's rollin on but if she's actually interested in cycling and gonna use the bike for more than bar hops I'd probably stay away from the SE.
    The Mercier Kilo TT is pretty nice and definitely on the lower end of the price spectrum.
    They've got the Kilo TT on bikesdirect for like $350.
    • CommentAuthorcloud
    • CommentTimeJun 14th 2009

or go used. used fixed gears pop up all the time where i'm at for 300-400 and i'd personally do that over a new kilo
    Posted By: cloudor go used. used fixed gears pop up all the time where i'm at for 300-400 and i'd personally do that over a new kilo

I left that out. You can do that too, but make sure the bike isn't sketchy! Some on Craigslist or Ebay are kinda wonky.
    • CommentAuthorthe rabbi

by the way of her typing... is this qman's gf?
    • CommentAuthorwes m.

Posted By: the rabbiby the way of her typing... is this qman's gf?

good call
    no that my b/f best friend ,he one sick unit he has no fear of anything or any one thats why they get along so good , now i admit i cant spell or type thank god dont have to write papers in school lol all got do is look good .
    I'm startin to think all of these people are lickedwicked.

"he one sick unit"

I think I'm gonna get that made into a sticker.
    • CommentAuthorjayohachen
    • CommentTimeJun 15th 2009

Are you buying a track bike specifically? There are tons of old road bikes collecting dust everywhere that you can get for half your budget and then spend another 80 bucks to tune it up/new tubes & tires. You'll still have money left over.

Have a friend with lots of experience help you if you go the Craigslist/Ebay route. There are deals to be made out there.
    • CommentAuthorjam guy

Here is my conpsiracy theory. Qman and this new girl are alter egos of Lickedwicked. Greg needs to confirm. I mean, that name is straight up AOL from 1996.
    • CommentAuthorAaron C

Posted By: blondefixiegurlno that my b/f best friend ,he one sick unit he has no fear of anything or any one thats why they get along so good , now i admit i cant spell or type thank god dont have to write papers in school lol all got do is look good .

good lord, whatever school the two of you went to should be summarily razed.

Posted By: iron jaidenI'm startin to think all of these people are lickedwicked.

"he one sick unit"

priceless. thats going in my signature box.
    Posted By: iron jaidenI'm startin to think all of these people are lickedwicked.

"he one sick unit"

It's like the "all you haters suck my balls" wheel. The "one sick unit" wheel. Or better yet, a top tube pad.
    • CommentAuthorLyKqiD
    • CommentTimeJun 16th 2009

Who calls someone a unit? They have to be foreign.
    i would have to say definitely the kilo tt. If your planning to keep the bike all stock get the pro because it has better components, but i bought the kilo because it was a track bike with good geometry and nice tubing. Then i stripped all the parts so i just had a frame left and replaced everything, and it rides soooo nice. So i would have to say get the kilo tt or pro and upgrade when you can. Start witht he tires though those damn kendas are junk. hope it helped good luck.
    You guys are DICKS
    Posted By: kryptocaineYou guys are DICKS

Posted By: blondefixiegurlthank god dont have to write papers in school lol all got do is look good .

Come on now that girl was askin for it.

And since this got raised from the dead I would say if anyone actually is looking into a Kilo TT you pretty much should do exactly what micahellwanger did. That's probably the nicest TT I've seen put together.

\

When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission, which supports our community.

velospace | About | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | contact | blog | status | site map | ©ActionHub.com
© 2005-2011 velospace. All Rights Reserved.