velospace is about bikes and the people who ride them marketplace photos random forums

• CommentAuthorCanadaSteep
    • CommentTimeDec 16th 2014 edited

Hey all,

Here's my overshare. I've been on the hunt for a 53cm frame, steel, a nice, modern 90's esque (i.e. modern steel tech.) frame for a long time.
    A couple had passed me by. I tried craigslist, ebay - obvi. - yakaz and more. I missed one or two great ones, but hey, what can ya do?
    So, after posting a want ad on velospace - sometime after missing a nice steel Cyfac in orange, I posted a WANT ad.
    Luckily, a Canadian homebuilder was willing to sell me a finished product, as we are similarly sized, at a wonderful price.
    ColumbusI believer, it's a Scotch night so..., Enve forks, for less than is OK to disclose!
    The group was ready to do, a Campy Chorus 10speed (no carbon) for shifting - levers were local, a Sram rival crankset w/Red chianring (all black, and no specific tools like ultra torqe), vintage Ambrosio rims w/Colnago detailing.
    Pedals will be SPD to go with my other bicycles. Possibly a brooks C15 instead of the Flite.

The good parts about the frame are the paint - amazing, hot rod level finishing, like the pursuit car in Bullit, bottom eyelets for a rear rack in the rear,
    AND spacing for wide rims - I can def. go 23mm, perhaps 25 in the future - depends what deals present themselves.

Bars are 3T, tape will Zipp cx for long rides, and eventually, a nice rear rack w/an Arkel trunk bag :) I did it all for around a grand.
    Or at least close to that, a grand a is nicer way to remember it.
    • CommentAuthorCanadaSteep
    • CommentTimeDec 16th 2014 edited

Oh, Dura Ace 7800 brakes because I live the lever to allow for easy quick release/tire swap removal.

This bike was a long time coming. I had sourced a Seven previously that did not fit the bill. A lucky local
    was happy to purchase it from me :)

http://instagram.com/p/uo4pZ7Dr1w/?modal=true

The only update/upgrade I could make is a short cage, Chorus rear derailleur.
    • CommentAuthorjoaobola
    • CommentTimeDec 17th 2014

cool bike mister canada!
    columbus Life! hum nice

\

When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission, which supports our community.

velospace | About | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | contact | blog | status | site map | ©ActionHub.com
© 2005-2011 velospace. All Rights Reserved.