velospace is about bikes and the people who ride them marketplace photos random forums

I am looking for a new full size frame pump.
    I do not know if it was the +22 degree air temperature & plastic parts, but when I clamped it down on the stem, the gasket/connector unit sheared off from the end of the pump housing. I was using a Topeak Road Master Blaster Frame Fit Pump.

(http://www.rei.com/product/686215/topeak-road-master-blaster-frame-fit-pump)

I am not interested in CO2 inflators.

Can anyone recommend a frame pump for me, preferably with metal parts?
    • CommentAuthorHaegan
    • CommentTimeNov 27th 2012 edited

leyzne is the way to go

http://www.lezyne.com/micro-floor-drive-hp-hpg

better than any frame pump
    • CommentAuthorveggie
    • CommentTimeNov 27th 2012

I'm pretty sure he wants a frame pump for, you know, his frame.
    • CommentAuthorHaegan

It mounts on a water bottle boss and does everything a standard frame pump would do only better...
    • CommentAuthorveggie

didn't realize that,carry on.
    hard to beat an old school Zefal, The smaller "minis" will give you a stroke or may you look like your jerking it on the side of the road!
    Posted By: HaeganIt mounts on a water bottle boss and does everything a standard frame pump would do only better...

Thanks Haegan, that looks like a very nice pump. I plan to use REI’s generous return policy for the one that broke. I particularly like the hose and foot peg on that Lezyne, and all that metal hardware. Looks as if the only thing missing is a stainless steel braided hose!
    Check out zefal pumps also, i am quite happy with my zefal lapize pump, which i switched to from a slica (which broke in half), which i switched to from the topeak you had. i'm super happy with the quality of this unit, i've even had it fall off my bike, get run over by a bus, and it still works perfectly, how many products can you say that about? Plus its super classy looking.

need I resurrect the thread where the self defense virtues of a full size metal frame pump were extolled?
    Heh, "unit."
    If you use a frame bag, or pannies, or will mount it, I'm a fan of the Lezyne.
    If you want to pump up a tire fast, or help out someone who didn't pack one, the t-bar handle and the flip out footplate
    are invaluable.
    Got my Lezyne Micro Floor Drive HP today. It is VERY nice Haegan, thank you!

\

velospace | about, FAQ & policies | contact | blog | status | site map
© 2005-2011 velospace. All Rights Reserved.