velospace is about bikes and the people who ride them marketplace photos random forums

• CommentAuthorkstang
    • CommentTimeMay 11th 2012

What's up everyone...

Super bummed. Woke up this morning to find out a bunch of random people were in my house for a room mate's party and now my bike is gone.

I know my bike is super douchey (white aerospoke says it all), but it was nothing but a dream apparently. Take a look at the pictures on my profile and feel free to tackle the next rider you see on my bike. Cash reward for return of the bike.

It's just sad. I think it might be time for a LOW.
    • CommentAuthormanbeard

might be time to have your roommate buy you a new bike
    • CommentAuthorkstang

i'd feel kinda bad. i don't think he meant for it to happen. he had his 15" macbook pro stolen too... he's just a broke college student.
    • CommentAuthorFeFst

Kick in the dick my dude.
    that really sucks man, but what were you doing sleeping through a party?
    • CommentAuthorkstang

They're in school and on summer vacation. I work a 9-5.

I should have woken up once I heard someone's skateboard was stolen, but hind sight is 20/20, eh?
    • CommentAuthorNick A

karma will get them in the end. It's a beautiful bike regardless of the aero LOL.
    • CommentAuthorCeya
    • CommentTimeMay 11th 2012 edited

See that is why NO RANDOM PEPS.

Its like a Sassoon commerical, They tell two friends and everybody shows up.

I hope you both recover your loss, rental's insurance?

Im doing mine next month.

S/F,
    CEYA!
    • CommentAuthorspader725

Where in SF do you live? I was on my way to work today round noon, and for the first time ever, I saw a Cinelli Mash in GG Park then through the Panhandle, and lost track of him at the Wiggle. It didn't have any of the components that your bike has, but he did have a high seatpost and low reach to his dropbars. I don't think it's your bike though, but does a blondish guy with cutoff tight skinny jeans and red t-shirt ring a bell? As that was the rider.
    • CommentAuthorkstang

I don't think that could be it, unless it was parted out that quickly and rebuilt again. The Histogram frame is pretty uncommon in SF for sure though. Really appreciate the look out, Spader.

No renter's insurance, unfortunately.

I bet the stupid-ass aero made it look 50-75% more wanted/steal-able for dumb asses. Ugh.
    • CommentAuthorkstang

Oh, I'm in the Mission District, by the way.
    How ironic that the Mash is rare around your area since its MASH SF
    • CommentAuthorkstang
    • CommentTimeMay 12th 2012

Well, I mostly ride during 9 to 5 commuter hours on Market and Embarcadero, so I just see a ton of old road bikes.
    • CommentAuthorPillpoppin

Get a low!
    • CommentAuthordiscotraxx

Damn, that really blows. I live in SF too and know how the parties go down. There are a lot of sketchy people that go to the parties in the mission especially. Everytime my friends had parties at their place in the mission, they'd have something stolen. I've had a jacket stolen at a party in the mission once. When it comes to bikes though, you should lock it up somehow or stash it away in a closet or something. That's what I used to do when I would have parties. People are just very unpredictable and not trustworthy at parties. I don't see mash frames too often here in the city either, but if I spot it, I'll give you a shout.
    • CommentAuthorkstang

Posted By: PillpoppinGet a low!

Thoughts on possible colorways?

Posted By: discotraxxPeople are just very unpredictable and not trustworthy at parties. I don't see mash frames too often here in the city either, but if I spot it, I'll give you a shout.

Lesson learned for sure. Thanks, dude.
    • CommentAuthorveggie

Ha. colorways.
    • CommentAuthorsoukietron

Agreed on having parties in SF. I used to live in SOMA and I've had a fair amount of small things stolen. Ray Bans (back before they were cool, obviously (sarcasm)), my electric kettle, and a couple books. WTF indeed.
    • CommentAuthorveggie

Ha, electirc kettle. Is that like a hot plate?
    • CommentAuthorShaku

its like those kettle things your ma or grandma used to make hot water for tea in except you dont need a burner to heat it up, it heats it self up.

\

velospace | about, FAQ & policies | contact | blog | status | site map
© 2005-2011 velospace. All Rights Reserved.