velospace is about bikes and the people who ride them marketplace photos random forums

• CommentAuthorMRE
    • CommentTimeMar 31st 2012

Hello,

I was considering getting a new Pake Track frame but I already have parts from my previous Kilo.
    I wanted to use my Nitto Pearl stem but the head tube on the new Pakes are 1 1/8" and the Pearl is 1", is there a way to still use it, some sort of adapter or shim?
    I also have a 1" threaded chrome threaded fork, can I use it or do I have to change it?

Thanks!
    • CommentAuthorchain suck
    • CommentTimeMar 31st 2012 edited

Thats alot of work and money just to use a quill stem. Just go threadless.
    • CommentAuthorchain suck
    • CommentTimeMar 31st 2012 edited

Posted By: bensonisajewThats alot of work and money just to use a quill stem. Just go threadless.

Agreed just sell the stem and pick up a 1 1/8 thread less headset and stem. It'll be easier to change bars with thread less anyways.
    • CommentAuthorgbrkct
    • CommentTimeApr 1st 2012

And if you like the look of quill stems Velo Orange has a a threadless that looks like it's threaded. Looks really nice and the price isn't terrible.

\

When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission, which supports our community.

velospace | About | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | contact | blog | status | site map | ©ActionHub.com
© 2005-2011 velospace. All Rights Reserved.