velospace is about bikes and the people who ride them marketplace photos random forums

Ok, I should have posted this in the other cl thread... But it wouldn't let me post for some reason? Anyhow. Be sure to check out the video too.
    http://denver.craigslist.org/bik/2223631663.html
    • CommentAuthorveggie
    • CommentTimeFeb 19th 2011

I see you tried to set him straight.
    • CommentAuthorAaron C

A nice bike, but good god! I think you could probably get $400-450 out of it on CL, more on fleabay. but fuck sakes. Its also very large, so maybe my estimates are a little high.
    • CommentAuthorAaron C

I love his description of the BMX. SO priceless.
    • CommentAuthorAaron C
    • CommentTimeFeb 19th 2011 edited

Lonewolf22Oh, and just to mention, I am a Furry... I am a fucking wolf freak, don't judge me

oh-my this is such a gold mine.
    Silly kid. On closer inspection, those cranks almost look record (from my blackberry, can't really see that well) if it has record shit, maybe he could fetch 4, 450...
    Hell, I didn't get his asking price for a mint, full sr casati pista!
    Posted By: Aaron C
    Lonewolf22Oh, and just to mention, I am a Furry... I am a fucking wolf freak, don't judge me

oh-my this is such a gold mine.

Whaaaa? Where did you read that little tidbit lmao
    • CommentAuthoreaglerock
    • CommentTimeFeb 20th 2011

Posted By: hardsole5280Silly kid. On closer inspection, those cranks almost look record (from my blackberry, can't really see that well) if it has record shit, maybe he could fetch 4, 450...

Yeah, it looks like Nuovo Record-ish stuff to me. Of course, since NR wasn't introduced until 1967 (the earlier Record cranks were 151 BCD), it means that either the parts aren't original, or the bike's not 1966 - a date whose attribution he doesn't explain.

I feel kind of sorry for the kid. The shaky, blurry video demonstrates that he has absolutely no idea what a retro-roadie would want to see on this bike:

1) Dropouts
    2) Lugwork
    3) Brakes
    4) Cranks
    5) Derailleurs
    6) Frame decals
    7) Serial number

...and he emphasizes stuff that a retro-roadie doesn't give a particular crap about ("pump holder" - WTF?).

It looks like a perfectly nice 60s Italian road bike that's not a Cinelli, Masi or Bianchi, meaning (as Aaron sez) he might get $400 or thereabouts on eBay for it, assuming the components are all Campy (another thing he doesn't mention at all, demonstrating that he isn't aware that old Campy shit is worth something to his target market). I'm betting the brakes are actually Universal 68 - or maybe even Japanese, from the looks of the levers.

I would also say that the wheels are original, or the bike's 1966 - but not both. Both rims are anodized - not a 60s thing at all.

And hey, son. "Campione del Mondo" may mean "world champion", but it doesn't mean anyone won the world championship on this particular bike, which is the only thing that would make a midlevel mid-60s Italian bike worth 4 figures. For the last 60 years, every Italian bike company had/has a model named Campione del Mondo. Most of them are not the top ends in their line.
    How can you tell nr from sr without seeing the back of the arms? ( Non smartass question)
    Great other points too you make sir. I don't think I have seen any hard anno hoops pre late 70's yes?

I think he's about 16. I feel kinda sorry for him too. Wait. It passed. I have nothing better to do tonight but make fun of a pre pubescent kids lack of vintage bicycle knowledge. Saturday night tv sucks.
    How can you tell nr from sr without seeing the back of the arms? ( Non smartass question)
    Great other points too you make sir. I don't think I have seen any hard anno hoops pre late 70's yes?

I think he's about 16. I feel kinda sorry for him too. Wait. It passed. I have nothing better to do tonight but make fun of a pre pubescent kids lack of vintage bicycle knowledge. Saturday night tv sucks.
    • CommentAuthoreaglerock
    • CommentTimeFeb 20th 2011 edited

Posted By: hardsole5280How can you tell nr from sr without seeing the back of the arms? ( Non smartass question)

There's no difference between NR and SR crankarms, at least not before 1980; I'd have to look at the 80s catalogs to confirm that they were always the same (i.e., everything's Record, except for the 3-arm 70s Gran Sport). The difference between NR and SR is in the chainrings, specifically the outer chainring. In the NR variant (751 right crankarm, 752 left crankarm, 753 outer chainring), the extension from the outer edge of the ring to the crankarm is solid, with a supporting inner ring; in the SR variant (751 right crankarm, 752 left crankarm, 753/A outer chainring), there's a cutout in that extension, and no supporting inner ring. There are also two triple-chainring variants from the mid-70s; the "standard" variant uses the regular 751 right crankarm for three close-ratio rings, while the 819 crankarm has a set of holes drilled in the spider arms to fit a 36T chainring, which I'm guessing is somewhere around 94 BCD. At the moment, I am too lazy to consult more than one catalog.

I don't think I have seen any hard anno hoops pre late 70's yes?

Late 70s/early 80s seems about right to me, too. The hubs look like low-flange Record, but it's hard to be sure - there's no photos clos enough to tell whether there's an oil clip or not. They could be low-flange Nuovo Tipo.

My guess is that the kid scrounged the bike from a yard sale or a dumpster, and the parts that were on it were all way older than he was; so as far as he was concerned, they were original. Because hey: Unlike other riders, road guys never tweak their bikes, right? Especially old-dude road guys?

hs5280, I'm guessing you're posting from a smartphone, hence the stuttering?
    I think the kid is delusional….loved the BMX description…….priceless
    • CommentAuthorpawn shop
    • CommentTimeMar 4th 2011

I like how theirs no comments on you tube.
    Ah. I think that's a new video. There was a dozen so comments on the old one, and he was asking 2600 dollars.
    I have a youtube link here :

ill post more pics up soon and post the links, but all you guys are all FUCKING critics! i mean come fucking on, there is nobody with a sense of decency in this goddamn country! hell, i could take that pice of shit apart and put it back together faster than you could say" what the fuck?" i've been around bike my whole life and ive invested a shitload of money into these bikes. i just recently put in 75 bucks into it.
    • CommentAuthorveggie
    • CommentTimeMar 9th 2011

well?
    and by the fucking way do you retards even know what the fuck OBO means? IT MEANS OR BEST OFFER FUCKING DUMBASSES!
    He doesnt know how to say Campauvfzsxololololoo
    • CommentAuthorveggie
    • CommentTimeMar 9th 2011

\

When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission, which supports our community.

velospace | About | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | contact | blog | status | site map | ©ActionHub.com
© 2005-2011 velospace. All Rights Reserved.