velospace is about bikes and the people who ride them marketplace photos random forums

• CommentAuthorpolitburo
    • CommentTimeDec 28th 2010 edited

I apologize for my poor photography:

fap x sideways 8....
    • CommentAuthoruhler
    • CommentTimeDec 28th 2010

That Ernesto was my wallpaper on my puter for 3 months, sexy tri- bike
    Great googly moogly.
    • CommentAuthorAaron C
    • CommentTimeDec 29th 2010

That Yamaguchi is pure Gene Spicer inspired silliness! I mean that in a good way.

Also, is it wrong that the only thing that i could think about while looking at the colnago was, "why the hell did they put downtube shifters on a bike with aero bars?" You make this super aero bike with bars that could easily run barcons, and put dt shifters on it?!

Posted By: Aaron CThat Yamaguchi is pure Gene Spicer inspired silliness! I mean that in a good way.

:) It was used by Mike McCarthy to win the 1992 Olympics' World Championship Pursuit race. It's sitting on display in the Bicycling Hall of Fame in Davis, CA.
    • CommentAuthorquidose

Posted By: the fumingator
    Posted By: Aaron CThat Yamaguchi is pure Gene Spicer inspired silliness! I mean that in a good way.

:) It was used by Mike McCarthy to win the 1992 Olympics' World Championship Pursuit race. It's sitting on display in the Bicycling Hall of Fame in Davis, CA.

This guy also has one - http://velospace.org/node/13098
    What's up with the pictograph of a dude taking a whiz on that Look?
    • CommentAuthorquidose

Posted By: Michael PerzWhat's up with the pictograph of a dude taking a whiz on that Look?

..for reference, to show that it's the same color?
    • CommentAuthorquidose

And to serve as verification that no one will notice if you pee while riding.
    • CommentAuthorparkman14

hahahaha
    • CommentAuthordas_pyrate

wow i want to see a built up version of that look kg269 ti
    http://www.highsnobiety.com/news/2009/03/01/aurumania-gold-bike-crystal-edition/

gold fixed gear?
    i think so.

SERIOUSLY! CLICK THE LINK!
    • CommentAuthoruhler
    • CommentTimeDec 30th 2010

Posted By: cephalothoraxhttp://www.highsnobiety.com/news/2009/03/01/aurumania-gold-bike-crystal-edition/

gold fixed gear?
    i think so.

SERIOUSLY! CLICK THE LINK!

besides the bike being gold plated, its not that good.
    Wow. €80k for a mass-produced frame.
    • CommentAuthorAaron C
    • CommentTimeDec 30th 2010

The headbadge of that bike would seem to indicate that they made 50 "Gold Bike Crystal Editions." Thats a lot of stupid. I hope that is a joke, but I don't really want to put the effort forth to investigate.
    oh, i understand that..

It's just the prestige of the gold, and the limited quantity.

I wouldn't ride it.

I would stare at it a lot though.
    But... it's a thing that's a net loss as a value. By paying that much, you get a worse bike. It's like comparing a 15 million dollar Formula 1 car to a gold-plated 20 million dollar Corvette — one is a custom car, built from scratch to spec, to fit one driver exactly, where the other one is a car that people like to think is like a race car, only now it's covered in gold.

\

velospace | about, FAQ & policies | contact | blog | status | site map
© 2005-2011 velospace. All Rights Reserved.