velospace is about bikes and the people who ride them marketplace photos random forums

GT has slowly been trying to get the ever-so-popular GT GTB and Pulse back on the market for a few years now. With some unsuccessful attempts with bikes like the Gutterball… I think for 2011, they finally got something halfway decent.

Seems like it's on par with mid-level aluminum track frames like the Pista Concept, MASH, Vigorelli, etc.

Looks like a Langster, Im not a big fan of the re-release compare to og but the more I look at it the more I like it, colors are hideous if only they kept it full og black it would be sick.
    • CommentAuthorMancha150
    • CommentTimeDec 17th 2010

they sold this in australia first right? Who sells it in the States?
    Yeah, I think it was sold in New Zealand first. I found one place selling it in the USA, which have it in stock for around 500-600 I believe.

Comparing to a Langster…. yeah, somewhat. The geometry is MUCH more agressive however, with a slight forward slopping top-tube, unlike the Langsters "compact" road geo.
    http://bicycle.co.nz/index.php/parts/road/gt-pulse-track-fixie-frame.html

The place actually is in NZ, so maybe it's only being released there. Anyway, they ship to the US for free it seems.
    • CommentAuthorMancha150

that seems like a deals. any idea what the measurements are for S, M, L?
    52,56,58?
    Posted By: terrible_one49Comparing to a Langster…. yeah, somewhat. The geometry is MUCH more agressive however, with a slight forward slopping top-tube, unlike the Langsters "compact" road geo.

Where did you find the geo chart?
    Posted By: terrible_one49
    Comparing to a Langster…. yeah, somewhat. The geometry is MUCH more agressive however, with a slight forward slopping top-tube, unlike the Langsters "compact" road geo.

Yeah I would think its more tighter and aggresive than Langster but it just when I see this I see "Langster" I like how they have aan integrated chain tensioners. I guess as the frameset itself its pretty ugly but built up looks nice I thought the same exact as the Bianchi D2 Concept
      • CommentAuthorMancha150

I would really consider buying it if it actually costs around 700-750 shipped. I didnt think they made frames with 6061 Alloy, only parts.

I guess the color is a little ugly but I mean most aluminum frames now have some kind of ugly color scheme to them.
    •  
      replaced forward sloping top tube with reverse sloping one? why does it feel like every company that releases a track frame these days has never actually seen a track frame. the Look, Cinelli Vigorelli, Trek tk1, Langster, the list goes on and on. STOP making track frames with back-sloping top tubes p-p-p-please!
    •  
      color is also ugly. if you want to re-release a classic, a bike that people really loved, a product that you already have a guaranteed market for, why not recreate the original exactly. why not make it identical to the one people actually want. how hard is that. don't reimagine it poorly, just duplicate it exactly.
    •  
      I heard about the re-release a while back, got excited. Saw the title for this thread, got excited. Clicked in and saw the pic, not so excited anymore.
      • CommentAuthorveggie

You could always get it repainted if you care that much, get some classic Gt logos put on.
      • CommentAuthorMancha150

Posted By: veggieYou could always get it repainted if you care that much, get some classic Gt logos put on.

Or conversely, you could buy it for me, and ship it to me free of charge, and you will feel better that there is one less 2011 gt pulse with ugly colors out their to threaten you...
      • CommentAuthorveggie

Haha, I have no problem with the colors, Although I do agree that it would look better if

Posted By: bensonisajewthey kept it full og black

I just want to see one built up, see how bad that top tube slopes.
      • CommentAuthorMancha150

im really, really tempted to order one if that place in new zealand ships, because the frame is about 450 USD after taxes (not including tariffs, shipping, bla bla bla). I would build it up tremendously amazingly
    •  
      Beside of aesthetic reasons… I don't see why people are so against rear-sloping top tubes. It's really just a marketing trend with track bikes and fixed gears that the forward sloping top tube is associated with looking fast and aggressive.

In reality, the rear-sloping top tube makes for a more compact front and rear triangle on the bike, resulting in a stiffer bottom bracket and stiffer frame overall. The longer the seat-tube, the more lateral flex you have in the frame in the bottom bracket area. Rear-sloping top tubes however require that more seatpost is showing, however it's been proven that this not affect power transfer, but depending on the seatpost you use, only changes vibration absorption, creating a smoother ride and less fatigue on the rider.

This is the reason why nearly ALL high-end road bikes are going with compact geometry now. Stiffer frame for better power transfer… more vibration dampening for less rider fatigue.

Here is one built up. As with the Bianchi Super Concepts, the smaller sizes do have a slight rear sloping top tube… but the larger sizes are more level. This one has been painted matte black for all you people that dislike the paint job. Ben, I really think you're only associating this with a Langster because of the color scheme is the same. Clearly, this guy bought a size too small for him, hence the seat jacked up to MAX.

•  
      Just realized… they had to put "GT" on the bike in 14 different locations. Wow.

To be honest, I don't mind the color scheme. I find the "murdered out" rather boring. I'm sure this bike could be built super classy.

http://brunswickcyclingclub.com/post/2010/06/for-sale-2010-gt-pulse-track-frame-and-fork-54cm/
      • CommentAuthorveggie

\

When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission, which supports our community.

velospace | About | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | contact | blog | status | site map | ©ActionHub.com
    © 2005-2011 velospace. All Rights Reserved.