velospace is about bikes and the people who ride them marketplace photos random forums

I hate these threads just as much as the next guy but I really don't know where else to ask for help.
    I'm thinking about selling one of my fixed gear's so I can get a road bike for racing season and would like the money to help out.
    I would just link my bike posted on velospace on here but since everytime I try to upload it I get a "validation error" I can't really do that.
    If you have any idea of a general value or just input I'm all ears. There are really no scratches or dents at all on the frame. A few stickers here and there but those can be removed and goo-gone'd before selling it. Obviously the crank has a few scuffs from the straps and the bike has been ridden but other than that it is in good shape. If you really care to look over it here are some pictures on flick'r http://www.flickr.com/photos/alexakafresh/5051948033/
    List of components:
    Eighthinch Scrambler Frameset/ 56. Cm./ 2008
    Stock Fork and Headset
    Thomson Stem and Seatpost
    Pro Taper Risers
    Velocity Deep V rims
    Profile Hubs
    Sugino 75 Crankset and Bottom Bracket

just kinda at a loss right now for how much I should list it for.
    • CommentAuthorveggie
    • CommentTimeOct 28th 2010

What? What's with the new account?
    haha what the fuck who is alex aka stale? nahhh I tried to see if my bike would upload with another account but I failed and apparently didn't log out of this account.
    Posted By: alex aka stalehaha what the fuck who is alex aka stale? nahhh I tried to see if my bike would upload with another account but I failed and apparently didn't log out of this account.

steal my username much? douchebag....
    • CommentAuthorgreg

Clear your browser cache and try again
    mm tried it all with no success.
    Cleared browser cache, tried on 3 different browsers, tried on different computers, enabled cookies, disabled cookies, cleared cookies, tried different images.... no dice.
    • CommentAuthorgreg

You are getting a validation error each time?
    • CommentAuthorgreg

I just confirmed that the upload tool is working, what problem do you have?
    yes sir... kinda disappointing but I can live with it for now. One day I'm going to sit down and put fourth a solid effort and do everything I can to upload it but right now my efforts don't seem to be doing a whole lot.
    • CommentAuthorSkidMark
    • CommentTimeOct 30th 2010

Half retail cost of components new.
    • CommentAuthorwes m.
    • CommentTimeOct 30th 2010 edited

In my experience you can get around 2/3-1/2 of the new cost (not the msrp, the "I shopped around" cost). It depends on how clean and well maintained the bike is. Vintage/rare/ultra-cool bikes are a different story.
    The wheels sound decent and could probably fetch a couple hundred for them. Same with the cranks/BB/Chainring. The seatpost and stem should be sold separate.

Then just sell the frame/fork/headset together.

You'll get most money parting the thing out. For sure.
    • CommentAuthorheadydude
    • CommentTimeNov 1st 2010

wow that's ugly! That being said, you could probably get $350-450 for it on CL, maybe more if you parted it out. good luck!
    • CommentAuthorLaurenEE

what's the spec on the stem?
    • CommentAuthorLaurenEE

sorry, that post was self-centered. I think $400-$450 is a fair range. I agree you should part it out if you want to get the most money.
    • CommentAuthorveggie

well looky what I found:

http://houston.craigslist.org/bik/2035800326.html

This is an Eight inch Cycles Scrambler V2 Fixed Gear bicycle. Its a full Cro-Mo frameset size 57
    Its got:
    Weinmann Dp18 Deep V Track Wheels with rear dual locking hubs.
    Half-Link chain
    2 Cogs and lock rings on Hub
    Threadless 1-1/8 headset
    i will try to find pedals for the bike

I'm 6'0" and i fit the bike perfectly
    The main reason i'm selling the fixie is to pay for my new Mountain Bike.
    $450 Firm

Four69-Four38-2Six3Nine

my bike isn't THAT shitty is it?
    • CommentAuthorpolitburo
    • CommentTimeNov 2nd 2010

there are mountains in houston?
    • CommentAuthorveggie
    • CommentTimeNov 2nd 2010

Posted By: politburothere are mountains in houston?

if you look hard enough.

There are actually numerous mtb trails here.
    Just because he wants 450 for that piece doesn't mean he's going to get it.

\

When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission, which supports our community.

velospace | About | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | contact | blog | status | site map | ©ActionHub.com
© 2005-2011 velospace. All Rights Reserved.