velospace is about bikes and the people who ride them marketplace photos random forums

• CommentAuthordanzap209
    • CommentTimeOct 26th 2010

I built this for my sons birthday. He turned 16 and I felt he deserved a nice bike.
    • CommentAuthordanzap209

• CommentAuthordanzap209

• CommentAuthordanzap209

• CommentAuthordanzap209

Oh, He's 6'1" and growing so a 60cm frame should fit for awhile.
    Lucky son, great father, nice ride.
    • CommentAuthorgreg

Post it up on velospace proper, nice job
    • CommentAuthorUCF e30

I wish my dad was as cool as you.
    • CommentAuthordanzap209

Thanks. Buying a complete bike would have been easy and expensive. I found all the parts on eBay including the frame. This bike was cheap !!!
    • CommentAuthordanzap209

and it has my time and sweat in it :)
    • CommentAuthorveggie

My dad bought my rush for me for graduation. Hats off to all the cycling dads out there!
    • CommentAuthorscmalex

What did you do to get proper chain tension with those vertical dropouts?

This bike is nice... its inspiring me to build up an old c-dale.
    • CommentAuthorveggie

Posted By: scmalexWhat did you do to get proper chain tension with those vertical dropouts?

Magic gear ratio.
    • CommentAuthordanzap209

Well you have to have some spare chainrings lying around, a half link chain helps too. I can't tell you because every bike is different.
    • CommentAuthorNash

that is badass! I might just have to do that to my 3.0 now.

as for scmalex -

check these out. http://www.whiteind.com/rearhubs/singlespeedhubs.html

takes the guess/luck out of the vertical dropout conversion
    • CommentAuthordanzap209

The 650c front wheel and fork is pretty cool, Not as twitchy as I thought it would be. I bought the fork for $18. I polished it. The front came from a set I bought for $133 shipped.
    unless it can barspin, put brakes on it. toe cages too. I hate how newer riders around me just get on their fyxysz and ride either without them on or flip the pedal. if you want to still barspin, you can put those things that bmx bikes have, gyro brakes. I don't see those enough on non-bmx bikes
    • CommentAuthordanzap209

The brake is coming. Cages and straps weren't on the bike at the time of the pic.
    • CommentAuthorveggie

Posted By: lickedwickedunless it can barspin, put brakes on it. toe cages too. I hate how newer riders around me just get on their fyxysz and ride either without them on or flip the pedal. if you want to still barspin, you can put those things that bmx bikes have, gyro brakes. I don't see those enough on non-bmx bikes

Wow, good advice.
    • CommentAuthorAaron C

I know the spinergy wheel looks cool and all, but i'm sure you would feel really bad if it would cause your son to hurt himself. I say this in all seriousness with concern for your son.
    i remember how i rode my bike when i was 16.. no 16 yo (any one really) should be around a front wheel that can so easily catastrophically self destruct.

\

When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission, which supports our community.

velospace | About | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | contact | blog | status | site map | ©ActionHub.com
© 2005-2011 velospace. All Rights Reserved.