velospace is about bikes and the people who ride them marketplace photos random forums

so this ridiculous add just showed up on the side of my facebook page. I cant believe how serious these guys look. I especially like the dude that has sunk enough money into it that he has a zipp wheel in the front.

anyway, some part of me (probably my cynical side) found way too much joy in this, so I thought I would share.

http://www.footbikeusa.com/teamFootbike/index.php
    This has me toying with the idea of a Corima equipped bigwheel marketed to overgrown man-babies with more money than sense. Also, one of those guys seems to have awarded himself a rather prestigious nickname.
    guarantee that will never catch on
    Team Footbike USA seems to have one…maybe two, riders on there team. However… they look pretty damn serious if you ask me.

Oh… and who in the right mind let these fools on a velodrome, especially with brakes on their bike!
    Posted By: terrible_one49Oh… and who in the right mind let these fools on a velodrome, especially with brakes on their bike!

this is for old rich people who got kicked out of their bike group........ Probably built their own velodrome
    • CommentAuthorwes m.
    • CommentTimeJul 6th 2010

There is a guy at all of the local bike events on one of those things. He has 2, one has a zip and the other has a 'spoke. I think he bought them so people will talk to him.
    • CommentAuthorRuffinit
    • CommentTimeJul 7th 2010

The big bike companies are behind the 8 ball on this.. It could be the next fad. Instead of walking your fixed gear, you could just be kicking it with your messenger bag, and maybe put a cup holder on it in place of the waterbottle cage.. You could probably get by the police without having a brake.. The only down side would be whether you'd be allowed on bike paths. ~!~
    Posted By: RuffinitThe big bike companies are behind the 8 ball on this.. It could be the next fad. Instead of walking your fixed gear, you could just be kicking it with your messenger bag, and maybe put a cup holder on it in place of the waterbottle cage.. You could probably get by the police without having a brake.. The only down side would be whether you'd be allowed on bike paths. ~!~

You could even still do the cool swing-your-leg-over-the-bars mount.
    • CommentAuthorRuffinit
    • CommentTimeJul 7th 2010

^ and probably not even disturb your half caf decaf chai mocha carmel latte in your cupholder...
    • CommentAuthoriCxLegion
    • CommentTimeJul 8th 2010

How can it be decaf it it's half caf?
    • CommentAuthorgreg
    • CommentTimeJul 8th 2010 edited

footbikespace.org? If someone can get one of these guys to upload their footbike to velospace I would be thrilled
    These are funny to me like how I see recumbents
    • CommentAuthorJeffOakie

WTF? I draw the short straw and get to be the guy that loads onto this space to give a perspective of what it means to ride one of these things. I say get yourself one and figure it out on your own. The boss says be nice and represent.

Everybody's comments are correct. This scooter design was never meant for cyclists. It started as a low-impact running machine for rehabilitation purposes. The fact that they are used in recreation, competition, cross-training, and endurance events has to do with the simple fact that it exists.
    It has a curved downtube but It cant do teh barrr spinzzzzz like teh Leader brah street credz
    • CommentAuthorBamfs01

Gasp
    • CommentAuthorM0THER
    • CommentTimeJul 9th 2010

I read somewhere that they're coming out with a touring footbike. Ridddicuulouss!
    They should have a cyclocross footbike and 29ers
    • CommentAuthorRuffinit

Posted By: JeffOakieWTF? I draw the short straw and get to be the guy that loads onto this space to give a perspective of what it means to ride one of these things. I say get yourself one and figure it out on your own. The boss says be nice and represent.

Everybody's comments are correct. This scooter design was never meant for cyclists. It started as a low-impact running machine for rehabilitation purposes. The fact that they are used in recreation, competition, cross-training, and endurance events has to do with the simple fact that it exists.

Hey Jeff - Welcome to the forums. Bummer you got the short straw. Thanks for the explanation. Was looking to see your uploads, but can't see them yet. I can see how these could have been designed for rehab and scooter type exercise. Are these actually used in competitions or is that a come-on type joke?
    • CommentAuthorJeffOakie

Is this where I step out and get clubbed by a frame pump?

I saw the invitation to upload a photo, but didn't know what category to put it in. I am almost smart enough to know that if I dropped a scooter photo into the fixie gallery I would be marked for life.

Check out these sites for a racing explanation.
    www.iksaworld.com
    www.avismonopattino.it/fwc/it/fwc-en-index.html
    www.autoped.nl

\

velospace | about, FAQ & policies | contact | blog | status | site map
© 2005-2011 velospace. All Rights Reserved.