velospace is about bikes and the people who ride them marketplace photos random forums

Start saving your pennies kids! This one is not gonna be cheap!

Almost every single Laser I've seen, both in person and online, has been slightly different. Different bottom bracket area, different slope to the top tube, different forks, etc. Who knows what style the re-issue is going to be!

From the Press Release:

‘Today thanks to the rebirth of steel and people like yourselves, a dream is about to be realised: the Cinelli Laser will return. Not just as a museum display, but as a track machine; rigid and lively, more so even than its predecessor 20 years ago. All the original protagonists are ready and motivated; Andrea Pesenti who built 300 throughout the 1980’s, myself Antonio Colombo who thought them up, Paolo Erzegovesi who engineered them, and Emilvano Montorio who pulled out the tubes. New in the band will be Alessandra Cusatelli, my partner, and Cinelli design co-ordinator of the last 10 years. As always, it will only be available in limited editions. The kids are alright!”

Cinelli's global distributor meeting is taking place all this week - more details to come.

• CommentAuthorparkman14
    • CommentTimeJun 29th 2010

Holy shit! Are they gonne have the non-pursuit style one available? When will it be released?
    • CommentAuthordeermatt

I really really hope they dont mess this up. If its close to the original , I really want one !
    Cinelli might consider taking a cue from their past designs and tone down their ridiculous branding. Look at the logo on the Laser and how it actually fits on the downtube! Incredible!
    Posted By: terrible_one49Almost every single Laser I've seen, both in person and online, has been slightly different. Different bottom bracket area, different slope to the top tube, different forks, etc. Who knows what style the re-issue is going to be!

I hope it's this one:

My guess is they will probably make it as close to the non-pursuit style as possible, most like the one the guy in the group picture in the middle/back is holding up.

Making a seriously pursuit style frame is out-dated and not practical today.

I hope they do something cool with the bottom bracket area, like the second or third picture down.
    Ugh. Stupid formatting.
    Hahahaha, yeah… I'm almost 100% certain it will be THAT exact one, for sure. No doubt about it!

My guess is… this will be the most expensive track frame that Cinelli has made yet. Probably in the price range of those Colnago's with the crazy paint jobs that came out a couple years ago.
    • CommentAuthorquidose

Posted By: deermattI really really hope they dont mess this up.

Posted By: Michael PerzCinelli might consider taking a cue from their past designs and tone down their ridiculous branding. Look at the logo on the Laser and how itactually fitson the downtube! Incredible!

These are noble thoughts, but I wouldn't hold my breath.
    TO, I hope you realize I posted that with tongue firmly in cheek. The thought of that one being reproduced gave me a horrible vision of a bunch of them running around with BMX pedals and chopped risers. Yuck.
    the picture that perz posted has a big ass mother fucking sprocket, must have like 3 tooth in back
    Thats looks PRETTY HAWT! YES PLEASE haha! Wow, and so Much CUSSING wow! yikes
    • CommentAuthordanzap209

Guestimate on price?
    Posted By: TRICKonmyTRACKthe picture that perz posted has a big ass mother fucking sprocket, must have like 3 tooth in back

The chainring on that Cinelli is a 55t. It's the same size chainring I ride on my Cervelo track.

The larger the front chainring, the larger the cog. You seem to be thinking the other way around. Putting on a larger chainring does the same thing as putting on a SMALLER cog.
    Posted By: danzap209Guestimate on price?

Figuring the Cinelli SuperCorsa is close to 2,000 bucks, and the Laser is going to take A LOT more refinement, grinding, shaping, etc of the metal… my guess is it will be slightly more. Not to mention these frames sell between 3,000-8,000 used on Ebay.
    • CommentAuthorkirke

I wonder: threaded or threadless fork?
    I just want to post this picture again because it's so beautiful.

Posted By: Joshua A.C. Newman
    • CommentAuthorquidose
    • CommentTimeJun 30th 2010

• CommentAuthoralbieish
    • CommentTimeJun 30th 2010

The first person that gets a picture of a reissue Laser with riser bars wins.

\

velospace | about, FAQ & policies | contact | blog | status | site map
© 2005-2011 velospace. All Rights Reserved.