velospace is about bikes and the people who ride them marketplace photos random forums

• CommentAuthorMRE
    • CommentTimeJun 19th 2010

Has anyone used one of these for a lonnng time? the leather one.. not the suede..
    How's the leather quality? will it start to get eaten up?
    • CommentAuthordeermatt
    • CommentTimeJun 19th 2010

Many of them last 30+ years, quality is pretty decent .
    • CommentAuthorjakejazzy
    • CommentTimeJun 20th 2010

i had one for a while, they look great. i wouldnt recomend one for anything other than commuting/short rides tho, i had to switch mine out because it would just get so uncomfortable on long rides.
    • CommentAuthorper.k

I gotta agree jazzy, looks great but my late 70's early 80's Super Leggera was kinda an ass hatchet. Went to a San Marco Rolles and haven't looked back

But everyone's butt taste is different as they say...
    • CommentAuthorRuffinit

I've run the Concor Superleggera on my Colnago since about 1986. I've always thought it quite comfortable. You have to get the saddle that fits your backside though. I also have run the Rolls on my Cannondale since 1989 and I like it also. Take a look at the Colnago and you'll see how well they hold up.
    • CommentAuthorRuffinit

Posted By: per.kBut everyone's butt taste is different as they say...

I try not to get that close....
    • CommentAuthorper.k

never know until you try ;)
    ive been riding one for about 2 years. The longest i have rode in a day was around 70 miles and while i wear cycling shorts which probably help i would totally recommend this saddle.
    • CommentAuthorper.k

I almost wanna give it another try, I've heard such good things about it, but it just seems kinda stiff I guess. Maybe now that I use bike shorts it would be better...
    • CommentAuthorMRE
    • CommentTimeJun 21st 2010

ok...

what's the difference with the chamois?
    leather or suede?
    • CommentAuthoreaglerock
    • CommentTimeJun 21st 2010

Posted By: MREleather or suede?

I don't understand why anyone buys suede saddles. Are there a lot of cyclists living in the Atacama Desert? Moisture just ruins it, and the various waterproofing techniques for suede just don't work.

Are there fashion victims (AKA saddle designers) in Milan that are able to organize their riding lives so they always ride indoors?
    • CommentAuthorper.k
    • CommentTimeJun 23rd 2010 edited

suede saddles :P

Well, guess what? 2nd time around I found a sweet spot on the Concor. I just kinda push back into the raised tail then slide down slightly and settle :D Nice for sprinting, gonna throw my Rolls on my new old Raleigh Technium 480
    • CommentAuthorRuffinit
    • CommentTimeJun 24th 2010

The way to choose a saddle has nothing to do with specs and everything to do with the way that it fits YOU. When you find the design that you like, stick with it. The Concor really isn't padded much, but that "spoiler" on the back of the saddle helps to maintain your position longer by keeping you in place much the same as a horse saddle. Once you get your positioning set correctly (for you) on the bike, the saddle just helps to keep you there in the proper position without sliding around. Anyone who has ridden a padded or gel saddle for a great deal of time finally comes to realize that it's sorta like sitting on a q-tip. You never really settle into the position; you're riding ON the bike not WITH the bike.
    • CommentAuthorper.k
    • CommentTimeJun 24th 2010 edited

Very well put Ruffinit. Before the 1st time I'd ridden the Concor, I had only casually ridden on a mountain bike and commuter frame with cushy-ass seats. When I first went to the Concor it was way too stiff for my soft behind. But after commuting regularly and riding the somewhat stiffer Rolls, I can definitely appreciate that locked in connected feeling(especially with my fixed gear bike) that the Concor provides.

\

When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission, which supports our community.

velospace | About | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | contact | blog | status | site map | ©ActionHub.com
© 2005-2011 velospace. All Rights Reserved.