velospace is about bikes and the people who ride them marketplace photos random forums

• CommentAuthorspader725
    • CommentTimeJun 15th 2010 edited

so i was stripping the paint off a used schwinn madison i recently got, and later on realized that there is a small dent near the middle of the seat tube [near the bottle holder area]. Is it safe to ride still? And/or is it fixable/worth fixing? I'll try to post a pic tomorrow.
    • CommentAuthorheadydude
    • CommentTimeJun 15th 2010

You should be fine as long as the dent isn't getting any bigger and it isn't sprouting any little fractures. I've been riding my bianchi now for a while with a little lump at the front of the top tube. Keep riding it.
    • CommentAuthorRuffinit
    • CommentTimeJun 15th 2010

Madisons are steel. Steel is resiliant. A small dent won't do much more than mess with your mind. You didn't notice it until you were stripping the frame, so others probably won't either especially if you put a water bottle cage on it. Small dents you can fix with epoxy or auto body putty as a filler (I would use epoxy like JB Weld if it's small) and then just sand it down smooth while you're preparing it for paint.

\

velospace | about, FAQ & policies | contact | blog | status | site map
© 2005-2011 velospace. All Rights Reserved.