velospace is about bikes and the people who ride them marketplace photos random forums

Today, around 3 oclock i went to my LBS, to drop off my back wheel so it can be trued for the 50 mile tour de cure coming up that im participating in. One of the two or three cool guys that work there, has the new look 464 track frame, told me he was moving. Hes moving to Nevada or something to take up glass blowing... Anyways, on to the question, after he told me he was leaving, he offered me his old bianchi pista frame. It is either the 08 or 09 pista frame, excellent condition, with a colnago carbon fiber track fork. Based upon looks this was the closest one i could find http://www.totalcycling.com/index.php/product/parts_accessories/forks_road/FK_STREET.html

He said look, im moving away at the end of the month and i dont want to keep this and he said i'm one of the few kids that still come and hang out there, and that the fork retails right now for $450. Anyways, i asked him how much, he said $375 for the fork and then i dont care about the frame so if you buy the fork the frame is yours.

While im not sure how big of a step up this is from my kilo tt, but do you guys think this is a good offer.

Can you break down some of the aspects of it and tell me whether or not i should jump on this. And as far as money goes, i only have $100, i might be able to earn another $100 by the end of the month, this would mean borrowing $75 from each of my parents

Im just wondering if this is worth it, and plus he works at the bike shop so i would believe that he could transfer all the parts for free
    • CommentAuthorwes m.
    • CommentTimeApr 7th 2010 edited

After you consider that he got the frame and fork at cost he isnt losing much. Well played on his part.

Its not a huge step up. The frames are similar quality, the fork is better. A used $450 fork is not worth $375. Once you add the frame in the deal is ok. A new kilo tt frame/fork costs $200. That means you'll get $150 for yours if you are lucky and the buyer is uninformed. 375-150=225. This frame/fork is not $225 better than your current frame/fork especially considering that you have no money.
    yea plus i think that i really dont NEED it
    There is someone that was trying to sell a Colnago carbon fork like that for $189 on Ebay for MONTHS with no bids. I think he finally gave up.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Colnago-Flash-Carbon-Pista-Fork-NEW-1-INCH-RARE_W0QQitemZ200456246877QQcmdZViewItemQQptZCycling_Parts_Accessories?hash=item2eac1f965d

If it has a carbon steerer tube, it's worth more, but if it's aluminum, I would say around 150.
    If it has a carbon steerer tube, you don't need it.

You don't need this fork anyway. Save your money and put it towards something more beneficially on your bike.
    I was hoping you were going to buy the Look. I want one SOOOOOOOOO bad, but even at cost it's too rich for my blood.

As far as the fork goes, it looks like a rebranded generafork. Most people couldn't tell the difference between a Pista and a Kilo TT with their eyes closed.
    Posted By: RideEveryday Most people couldn't tell the difference between a Pista and a Kilo TT with their eyes closed.

PSA: Don't ride with your eyes closed.
    Posted By: LuvCumsInSpurts
    Posted By: RideEverydayMost people couldn't tell the difference between a Pista and a Kilo TT with their eyes closed.

why? when im coming home from school, the last stretch kills me so i usually ride no hands with my eyes closed and just relax
    • CommentAuthorcage
    • CommentTimeApr 8th 2010

I learned that in the 5th grade after i rode into a light pole breaking my right orbital. Just beacause everyone else says they are doing it doesnt mean they werent cheating... basterds
    Posted By: cage

I learned that in the 5th grade after i rode into a light pole breaking my right orbital. Just beacause everyone else says they are doing it doesnt mean they werent cheating... basterds

Your friends sucked!

\

velospace | about, FAQ & policies | contact | blog | status | site map
© 2005-2011 velospace. All Rights Reserved.