velospace is about bikes and the people who ride them marketplace photos random forums

I'll probably get some flack for this one, but what the heck!

I was just curious if anyone else out there had any cycling related tattoos? I have the words "Can't Stop" on the back of my left leg right above my ankle, and "Won't Stop" on my right leg in the same place. Seeing as I generally ride in my jersey with shorts or with my pant legs rolled up, I thought it would be a good gimmick for those riding behind me. It is also my favorite song by my favorite band (Defiance, Ohio). It has a lot of significance to the outlook I have on life as well.

• CommentAuthorVama
    • CommentTimeMar 13th 2010

it's nerdy, but I've been contemplating what to get on the back of my right calf where it shows all during the warm months for a while... cycling related, of course. I tend to get tattoos when I have a surplus of money tho, which I decidedly do not have at the moment.
    • CommentAuthorespertron
    • CommentTimeMar 13th 2010 edited

A friend of mine wants to get 'wheelsucker' on the back of their calf... But I wouldn't go for that idea cause you can't pull at the front all the time!

Anyway here's my two:

(Done with permission from Godspeed Couriers)

In progress, getting this one finished a week on Tuesday..
    Posted By: LuvCumsInSpurts It is also my favorite song by my favorite band (Defiance, Ohio).

Man, I love that band so much. Rad tattoo.
    • CommentAuthordmdeford

Posted By: LuvCumsInSpurtsIt is also my favorite song by my favorite band (Defiance, Ohio).

That is a great band, you all should ride to Bloomington with me this summer. My friend said he'd give me a tattoo, I can't decide between something cycling-related or an ironic pentagram on my calf...
    • CommentAuthorVama

haha I love the velo sleeve
    I've always kinda wanted to get a chain ring grease mark tattooed on my right calf, but I've always got one anyway, so it seems a waste of money.
    Sorry for the response delay, I've been at my girlfriend's all weekend in Petaluma. Thank you for the compliments.

esperton, did you work for GodSpeed?
    • CommentAuthorespertron
    • CommentTimeMar 15th 2010

Nah, I live in the UK, but I came across Godspeed years ago while I was staying with my brother in CA and I just really liked their winged cyclist logo. After about 3 years I decided I wanted it as a tattoo and asked them if they minded. They didn't, and even emailed me the hi-res version - happy days.

I too thought about the calf grease mark tat but I kind of like the way that real ones look different every time...
    I've got an NJS stamp behind my right ear (joke tattoo an artist friend put on me one day) and I've got a flaming pentagram inside a chain ring mixed in on my right leg (pics when it's short shorts weather again).

Just a note: You guys know "Can't Stop, Won't Stop" is an old hip hop term from the early 80's and the guys in Defiance kinda used it as a song title as a joke right?
    Don't get me wrong that tattoo totally works on like 6 different levels but you may wanna attribute the idea to your old school hip hop roots if anyone asks what it's about :)
    Posted By: espertronNah, I live in the UK, but I came across Godspeed years ago while I was staying with my brother in CA and I just really liked their winged cyclist logo.

Oh, sweet. I worked for them last year.

Posted By: iron jaiden
    Just a note: You guys know "Can't Stop, Won't Stop" is an old hip hop term from the early 80's and the guys in Defiance kinda used it as a song title as a joke right?
    Don't get me wrong that tattoo totally works on like 6 different levels but you may wanna attribute the idea to your old school hip hop roots if anyone asks what it's about :)

So I've heard! Whatever, still has the same meaning to me regardless :)
    Posted By: Joshua A.C. Newman

Move your feet - Junior Senior (High Quality)fromsound of silenceonVimeo.

Ha! That's awesome! Is it too hip for me to say I can dig 8 bit graphics?
    Posted By: LuvCumsInSpurts
    CANT STOP, WONT STOP.

• CommentAuthorRuffinit
    • CommentTimeMar 18th 2010

Slightly dislexic here; every time I looked at that sleeve I read LOVE...
    I did that too, especially since that form is so easily recognizable. It's a great logo idea.

I have drawn a bunch of (mostly non cycling related) tattoos over the years, but never had any of them installed, so to speak. I probably won't, especially given the great number of cog/fixed tattoos sported by young people who seem to be feeding the trend rather than riding their bikes. Present company excluded, of course.
    Wow. Me too.
    • CommentAuthorwes m.

No cycling tattoos for me. Gardening though... I want a skull with crossed spade and fork (burgon & ball of course).
    • CommentAuthordanzap209

I'm a tattooer... anyone in the Modesto, CA area want a tattoo? I don't have any cycling tattoos though....
    • CommentAuthorianedwin

got the top view of a bike on my quad. . pumped on it, but I don't have any pictures..

\

velospace | about, FAQ & policies | contact | blog | status | site map
© 2005-2011 velospace. All Rights Reserved.