velospace is about bikes and the people who ride them marketplace photos random forums

• CommentAuthorcjpark86
    • CommentTimeDec 12th 2009

Brooks B17 has been treating me well but i'm looking into the Kashimax aero or the CONCOR saddle.
    i know saddles differ on your lower body type but i just want to hear from people who have rode on these saddles.
    san marco rolls looks great but havn't heard much comments on them also.
    I really like the Selle San Marco SKN. They just started producing them again.

It wiggles under my butt.
    • CommentAuthorbionnaki

fizik ftw
    • CommentAuthorcjpark86

nice
    When I went from B17 to the Rolls, Rolls were a bit uncomfortable and you would have to point the nose down just a little but eventually I got used to it, Rolls are great saddles you may wanna consider a Regal I currently have one now its amazing and I love it
    • CommentAuthorSkidMark

BS fizik

Saddles are the most personal preference thing there is. What works for one may not work for another.

I like "aero" shaped saddles like the Concor, Kashimax Aero, and the Turbo because you can slide your ass back to take pressure off of your perineum.

I don't know how long you've had your Brooks but I understand that they take a while and many miles to break in.
    • CommentAuthorcjpark86

thanks, i heard nothing but positive things about the regal's.
    • CommentAuthorcjpark86

yeah, definitely a personal preference but just wanted to hear about em.
    i had the brooks b17 for about a year now. it's good, but just wanna change the looks but obviously gotta be comfortable.
    • CommentAuthorRuffinit

Well, I run the Selle Italia TurboMatic, the Concor superleggera, Turbo, and Rolls.. I like them all. I like the minimalism of the Concor on the Colnago and the comfort of the TurboMatic on the Bridgestone. Each of the saddles is like each of the different bikes; very very individualistic. The one type of saddle that I haven't ridden is Wright/Brooks/Ideal. The saddles that I haven't cared for are the saddles that have extra cushion such as many of the Avocets, but you didn't ask about them.
    I ride a Kashimax Aero and have been for about 8 months. I used to ride a cheapy velo low-pro saddle. The profile is great and keeps you from sliding around. The profile 'pushes you forward' if that makes sense.

Its comfortable too, it took some getting used to but i've ridden 20mi this summer with no problems. There are rumors with Kashimax being notoriously uncomfortable but I think that just applies to the 5 golds. Aero is totally fine.

I too was debating between either a Kashimax Aero and Concor...again because of the profile. I chose the KA over the Concor because of the saddle finish. The black concor is suede and would get ruined in a few months time.
    +1 on Regal. It took forever to break it in but it's worth it.
    • CommentAuthorjayohachen
    • CommentTimeDec 14th 2009

Seat preference is much akin to deep v color selection me thinks.

I used the Brooks for long leisurely rides, while I liked the Kashimax Aero and Concor for the track (although I replaced the KA for an Airlite saddle). The KA & Concor both had some padding with the leather cover. Between the KA and Concor, I would pick the Concor. The only reason I replaced the Concor with the KA is that the KA was NJS stamped and I was building an NJS bike at the time.
    • CommentAuthorDDJSP

I'm torn between Brooks B17 for comfort or soma ensho for style...
    • CommentAuthormmediaman

Concors and turbos are awesome. I have a little stash of them going. Also the Selle Flites are not bad, I have one thats almost worn out but still provides enough comfort.
    • CommentAuthorDDJSP

Any thoughts on the soma ensho?
    Posted By: DDJSPAny thoughts on the soma ensho?

Is there any way you could try it out?
    If not, it is safe to assume that the brooks will be more comfortable after being broken in.
    Go for comfort. You can't see your saddle when you are riding, but you can sure as hell feel it.
    • CommentAuthorDDJSP

Well said... greatly appreciated..... So about how long does it take to break in the brooks? When I used to play baseball we'd soak our new mits in water and let it sit, then wrap it with a belt and keep it under our mattresses. Has anyone tried spraying the top of the brooks lightly with water and going for a ride?
    • CommentAuthorbionnaki

I recommend the charge spoon.
    I have no idea how long it will take to break one in.
    Brooks makes this stuff called proof ride. It might help break it in, but I don't know.
    I don't think you should use water though.
    • CommentAuthorSkidMark

Proofide

\

velospace | about, FAQ & policies | contact | blog | status | site map
© 2005-2011 velospace. All Rights Reserved.