velospace is about bikes and the people who ride them marketplace photos random forums

• CommentAuthordanzap209
    • CommentTimeNov 11th 2009

What is the standard geometry for a track fork?
    Question makes no sense.

Point to the part you're curious about on the picture below.

• CommentAuthordanzap209

Okay... What is the steerer angle on a track fork? Is it any different than a road fork?
    Well, the only differences are in rake and axle to crown height. Track forks have shorter rake --for a long time Bianchi's was 28mm, most track forks are between 32mm and 38mm. Axle to crown tends to be shorter.

A fork's design is based on the frame's design, and it's not as if all track frames are the same. If you're looking to put a new fork on an old bike, it would make the most sense to look at the fork the bike took originally. If you don't have that info, look at the headtube angle. Steeper angle = less rake.
    Posted By: danzap209Okay...

Perhaps we would be able to help you more if you explained what this information pertains to specifically. Are you replacing a fork? Need one for a new frame? What?
    • CommentAuthordanzap209

I'm shopping for a chrome fork.... I would like to tighten up the geometry a little, if possible
    • CommentAuthordanzap209

I want a steeper angle
    For your mystery aero bike? What do you mean by tighten up the geometry?
    • CommentAuthordanzap209

My fork has more rake than I want.... thought I'd look for something else
    Uhm, forgive me but... Why do you want less rake? The fork you are using was designed for that bike. Why change it?

You can certainly try to throw a different fork on there. Know that you will have more toe overlap and steering will be twitchy.
    • CommentAuthordanzap209

I just want to try something else... Thanks for the help
    • CommentAuthorSkidMark

You might get lucky and get a fork with less crown height that drops the front end a little to steepen up the steering angle, and has the right amount of offset to make the bike steer nice, but it's a long shot. Slapping on a fork with less offset can be a crap shoot, you might end up with a bike that is twitchy because there isn't enough trail. Trail is the imaginary distance from the contact patch on your tire to where the steering axis intersects the ground.
    • CommentAuthordanzap209

That's why I love Velospace !!! I learn so much !!!
    • CommentAuthorGone

Track offset rake is 3 degree, road 4 degree. Italian/Japanese builder standard.

\

When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission, which supports our community.

velospace | About | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | contact | blog | status | site map | ©ActionHub.com
© 2005-2011 velospace. All Rights Reserved.