velospace is about bikes and the people who ride them marketplace photos random forums

• CommentAuthorMidas
    • CommentTimeAug 10th 2009 edited

I am new to velospace but I already know that there seems to be alot of people that dislike Leader. I dont really like any of their frames, but their new 2010 722TS steel model looks alright. Has anyone rode one of these yet or does anyone here own one. Whats it like, its it better then the old models or what?
    everyone here loves leaders...
    • CommentAuthorjam guy

I would rather donate money to the Sarah Palins 2012 presidential campaign then buy a Leader.
    it looks nice but im sure it was very well desined just like every other frame they make
    • CommentAuthorSkidMark
    • CommentTimeAug 10th 2009

Hopefully it doesn't have the axle slot issue that the cheapo aluminum ones do, search for Leader threads if you want pictures.
    • CommentAuthordas_pyrate

axle slot?

really?
    i have a 725 tr, and i has done me well for how i ride it, the drop outs are a little wide so you have to loosen your bolts quite a bit to get your wheel on but once its on its solid, the leaders carbon fiber triple blade fork is ver light and seems fast but is not the strongest, i do not like it at all. if you want to get a leader, spend the money and get the 735tr, it lighter stronger and faster.
    • CommentAuthorSkidMark

Vilevotesfixed, what do you mean the fork seems fast?
    • CommentAuthordas_pyrate

lol vilevotesfixed. the stuff you said didn't really make any sense.

i highly doubt that the 735 is lighter stronger, or faster. i love it how some people think that because something looks aerodynamic or whatever, then it is "fast".

a strong rider can be fast on pretty much any bike imo

also, for the price of the 735, you might as well get any other high end frame.
    • CommentAuthorknownaim

Posted By: das_pyratelol vilevotesfixed. the stuff you said didn't really make any sense.

i highly doubt that the 735 is lighter stronger, or faster. i love it how some people think that because something looks aerodynamic or whatever, then it is "fast".

a strong rider can be fast on pretty much any bike imo

also, for the price of the 735, you might as well get any other high end frame.

+1
    the fork weighs 2lbs
    • CommentAuthorChipp
    • CommentTimeAug 31st 2009 edited

i would buy their frames if the axle slots were NJS stamped ;) the REAR DROPOUT issue was only on the 2008 725TR. As for 2009 the issue has been corrected. i have my rear wheel slammed up against the front the rear drops and my 25c fits perfect. there's maybe 2mm of a gap.

get money
    Posted By: vilevotesfixedi have a 725 tr, and i has done me well for how i ride it, the drop outs are a little wide so you have to loosen your bolts quite a bit to get your wheel on but once its on its solid, the leaders carbon fiber triple blade fork is ver light and seems fast but is not the strongest, i do not like it at all. if you want to get a leader, spend the money and get the 735tr, it lighter stronger and faster.

Oh shit...here you go again with the "fast" parts on your bike. This kid is always talking about how "fast" certain components on his bike are. If you think his fork is fast, you all should see how fast those riser bars with Oury grips are!
    Personally, I think all Leader products are shit. Even their highend frames are still not of the best quality and design, not to mention they are ugly. I also would not trust a company that just overlooked a HUGE design flaw like they recently had with their frames dealing with the rear triangle/track ends. Makes me question what other stuff they overlook.

Sure, 250 bucks for this Leader frame is cheap, but I would rather buy an IRO frame that has a lifetime crash/break warranty, for the same price!

I guess the geometry is also more suited for doing tricks. Little barspins and crap like that.
    Plus, an IRO won't make you look like some sort of biking Speed Racer crossed with Tron. In an uncool way.
    Plus, an IRO won't make you look like some sort of biking Speed Racer crossed with Tron. In an uncool way.

I'm not sure there is an uncool way to look like Biking Speed Racer/Tron.
    Yeah, I've been thinking about that ever since I posted it. I've got to work on that.
    Dude, if you find it, I'll give you five bucks. If you tell my how to achieve Speed Racer/Tron myself, I'll give you ten.
    Josh, I'm on it.

\

velospace | about, FAQ & policies | contact | blog | status | site map
© 2005-2011 velospace. All Rights Reserved.